• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I said 0.0% chance that 4 go in 7 picks.  I still stand by that.  This qb class isnt that good.  I think the shine is wearing off on Lance and Fields a bit now that the film is being digested. 

If the Falcons and their cap situation pass on Pitts for a qb then I believe they may be the dumbest franchise outside of the Jets.  No way they dont try and run this back with Ryan and Co for the next 2ish years.  Pitts makes them unstoppable

But in closing like I said, if we thought Fields was a franchise qb we would have made the move. 

Prepare thys anus my guy....

• Pie 1

I sorta agree, but when the season is on the line....That is how kids bust.  Herbert was supposed to ride pine and got thrown in too early.  He is OK.  Watson, Cam, Murray, etc.  started week 1.  It is a rough way to begin. Three games in preseason and 7 in regular season is not unthinkable.

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I sorta agree, but when the season is on the line....That is how kids bust.  Herbert was supposed to ride pine and got thrown in too early.  He is OK.  Watson, Cam, Murray, etc.  started week 1.  It is a rough way to begin. Three games in preseason and 7 in regular season is not unthinkable.

My jaw still hasnt came up form witnessing Herberts rookie year. If they had a league wide(ALL players) re-draft, *right now* Id take Herbert 2nd overall. Coaches job is to prepare the players. Some rookies are ready AND the better player. QBs that are moblie can over come all the old school thoughts/issues, they just have to not believe the QB MUST stay in the pocket for success. All the QBs you listed can move, Fields and lance can too so they maybe adapt faster than people like me believe... RPO is a god send for these QBs too. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

My jaw still hasnt came up form witnessing Herberts rookie year. If they had a league wide(ALL players) re-draft, *right now* Id take Herbert 2nd overall. Coaches job is to prepare the players. Some rookies are ready AND the better player. QBs that are moblie can over come all the old school thoughts/issues, they just have to not believe the QB MUST stay in the pocket for success. All the QBs you listed can move, Fields and lance can too so they maybe adapt faster than people like me believe... RPO is a god send for these QBs too. 

Herbert walked into a dream situation though - good Oline, throwing to Allen and Henry.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Herbert walked into a dream situation though - good Oline, throwing to Allen and Henry.

Which brings us back to Darnold.  I agree 100%.  Not that Darnold will be successful, but we can probably all agree that he will be more successful. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Which brings us back to Darnold.  I agree 100%.  Not that Darnold will be successful, but we can probably all agree that he will be more successful. 

I agree. Just hope the fans don't trash Darnold and throw him under the bus the first bad game he has

• Pie 1

Less rumor, more somethingI heard from someone I know well connected with one of our division rivals.

“They’ll be fine if the Panthers go OT at 8.  They just don’t want them to get Chase/Waddle/or Smith.  They don’t won’t to give that staff all the Weapons they’d have and surround Darnold with them.  They can piece together a avg OL with this depth in this class.  But giving Brady/Rhule that.  It makes you a little nervous.”

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Less rumor, more somethingI heard from someone I know well connected with one of our division rivals.

“They’ll be fine if the Panthers go OT at 8.  They just don’t want them to get Chase/Waddle/or Smith.  They don’t won’t to give that staff all the Weapons they’d have and surround Darnold with them.  They can piece together a avg OL with this depth in this class.  But giving Brady/Rhule that.  It makes you a little nervous.”

I have had the same thought--even though I want a LT badly.  I have stated that it seems the Panthers have addressed the T spot to some degree--$8m guaranteed to Erving on a 2-year deal, re-signed Scott, Daley is available if he is not injured, etc.

But we let Curtis Sam walk out of here and have reacted by signing a WR that had half the yards and receptions last year.  You have to think we are not done.  I think Moore #2 is a WR #4.  Maybe the slot is open.

TE is also a weapon, and upgrading at TE in this draft requires that you take Pitts if he is there.  Suddenly, you have a dangerous person in addition to your dangerous WRs.

So here is the plan---get weapons and get more dangerous.  Moore is not bad at slot if you have Pitts.  If you don't get Pitts, you need one of the big playmakers, and who is the draft's biggest playmaker at slot WR?  Waddle. 

Moore/Anderson/Moore#2/Pitts

Moore/Anderson/Waddle/Arnold