• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

Kadarius Toney may go in the top half of the first and even before Devonta Smith.

Lions like many others are looking to trade down in the draft. 

RB ranking on the the top 5 vary greatly among teams. 

Corners Patrick Surtain (Alabama) and Jaycee Horn (South Carolina), along with offensive talents like Kyle Pitts (Florida) and Rashawn Slater (Northwestern) are the final four for the Blowboys

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Detroit is the wildcard for me. I think they’ll trade with a team looking for a QB. But if not they might take Sewell. Nightmare scenario if Sewell gets past Cindy.

Cindy?  She is a formidable foe.  Cincy---my wife is Cindy--I'd rather face the Bengals.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I am counting on/praying for any combination of the following:

• The niners to take Jones.  I am about 75.3% sure they will.
  • Atlanta does not trade and takes a non QB that is not Sewell.
  • Cincy to listen to their QB and take Chase.
  • Some team to take some player nobody had in the top 8--like a CB or MLB.

• Pie 1

I've been bored tonight and have been looking up rumors for other teams to try to get a better idea on who is going to be there for us.  Here is what I have gathered. 

Falcons: Trade back, QB, or Pitts

Bengals: Fans seem convinced they're taking Chase

Phins: Can't find much on them. I saw a report that said they would rather not draft any prospects who did not play last season though.

Lions: Fans are convinced they are drafting a receiver. Lots of reports of them wanting to trade back

So at this point I think we have like a 50/50 shot at getting Sewell. Apparently a lot of teams at the top of the first are willing to skip on the top tackles and look to upgrade in the 2nd.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Not much conviction in your projection.  Let me know when it rises to 75.9%.

I know that they had Fields and Lance run SF drills.  I can see Fields being impressive in that setting.  I think he is a bit overrated based on his elite athleticism while I think Jones is underrated based on his lack of it.  However, Jones' does a lot of little things really well, and does not make many cerebral mistakes.  I see SF all over him.  The Ohio State University will never be confused with a QB factory.  Neither will Alabama. To me, I think they made their call early and are all in on Jones--they know that they over-drafting him, but they saw no other QBs with his skill set-I will be glued to the set when they announce the Niners next QB.

• Pie 1

On 4/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, MHS831 said:

I am going to go out on a limb here because I live on the edge.  A risk taker--man on a mission, etc.  My friends call me, "that guy," if that means anything to you people..........That's what I thought.

• Jones WILL go to SF at #3.  Book it.
  • The #4 spot, whether it is Atlanta or another team after a trade, could go to a NON QB player.  Sewell or Chase, if a non QB---a trade between Denver (not WFT or NE) and Atlanta is the only way Fields goes at #4.  (That is a pretty bold, specific prediction.  MARK MY WORDS!!!
  • Watch Mond and the Patriots--he could not only sneak into the first round, he could go before Lance.  Everyone is expecting New England to trade up, and they might, but they could move up to Detroit or Dallas and take Mond.
  • Washington will be aggressive and end up with Lance. Maybe with a trade with the Lions or Panthers---

So when the chips start falling and the desperate teams start moving in for a QB, the Panthers' front office is going to look pretty smart.  Imagine that 5 QBs go before the Panthers?  Six? 

Let's take a look at how that could go down--think desperate GM here-Washington, Denver, New England come to mind.

1. Jax Could they take Wilson?  Nah. Lawrence QB

2. Jets Wilson QB

3. Niners--I am still convinced that Jones is their guy.  Jones QB

4. Denver (trade with Atlanta) Fields, QB

5. Cincinnati Sewell or Chase--probably Sewell LT

6. Dolphins Chase WR

7. Lions (Trade with New England) SHOCKER!!! MHS HAS Cahunas!  Mond, QB   

8. WFT (trade with Panthers) Lance, QB

9. Atlanta (from Denver) Pitts TE

10  Cowboys Kwity Paye, DE

11.  giants Surtain CB

12. Eagles Parsons LB

13. Chargers Darrisaw LT

14. Vikings Slater T/G

15. Detroit (from New England--Not sure Waddle lasts this long) Waddle WR

16. Cardinals Horn, CB

17. Raiders Smith WR

18.  Dolphins Barmore DT

19. Panthers, (2021 first, 2021 second, with a 2022 first and second rounder for Pick #8) Caleb Farley, CB

Just a hunch that this could go down.  Marty likes to deal with people he knows, and RR and Snyder will be frothing for a QB...

Panthers have 2 picks in second round.   OT and DT.

Tampa Bay may draft Mills, QB Stanford. 

That would be an amazing haul and Farley is crazy good if he can stay healthy.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I've been bored tonight and have been looking up rumors for other teams to try to get a better idea on who is going to be there for us.  Here is what I have gathered. 

Falcons: Trade back, QB, or Pitts

Bengals: Fans seem convinced they're taking Chase

Phins: Can't find much on them. I saw a report that said they would rather not draft any prospects who did not play last season though.

Lions: Fans are convinced they are drafting a receiver. Lots of reports of them wanting to trade back

So at this point I think we have like a 50/50 shot at getting Sewell. Apparently a lot of teams at the top of the first are willing to skip on the top tackles and look to upgrade in the 2nd.

Bored or not, thanks for doing the work!

• Pie 1