• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

19 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I've been bored tonight and have been looking up rumors for other teams to try to get a better idea on who is going to be there for us.  Here is what I have gathered. 

Falcons: Trade back, QB, or Pitts

Bengals: Fans seem convinced they're taking Chase

Phins: Can't find much on them. I saw a report that said they would rather not draft any prospects who did not play last season though.

Lions: Fans are convinced they are drafting a receiver. Lots of reports of them wanting to trade back

So at this point I think we have like a 50/50 shot at getting Sewell. Apparently a lot of teams at the top of the first are willing to skip on the top tackles and look to upgrade in the 2nd.

This is what im crossing my fingers for. A run on tackles in the second means a lot talent at available to us. 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a rumor that is based on truth:  The Patriots have been doing a ton of research on Kellen Mond.  Discuss. 15?  I think so. second round if not 15.   Popcorn.

They’re going to spend the next 20 years chasing 7th round Tom Brady 2.0.

Should be fun.

• Pie 1

NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
RASHAWN SLATERT, COLLEGE PLAYER
rashawn%20slater.jpg

ESPN's Dan Orlovsky sees the Lions doing "whatever they can to impact the bigs on either side" in the first round of the draft.

Orlovsky is simply speculating but he does have experience with many of the decision-makers within Detroit. He played with HC Dan Campbell in Detroit, who was a tight end for the team from 2006 to 2008. Orlovsky also spent the summer of 2017 with the Rams. Lions GM Brad Holmes was the Director of College Scouting for LA at the time. The Lions hold pick No. 7 and that leaves them in an awkward spot for either side of the line. Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater could be in play for Detroit if Oregon OT Penei Sewell is off the board. The Lions are thin at a number of position groups so "best player available" should be their approach even if Campbell and Holmes want to add some talent to the trenches.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, Basbear said:

@45catfan you didnt know you where making a forum bet with a top decision maker, huh??......

Yup, but as I said, teams that need one will still take one.  It' not like they are going to say, "this year's crop sucks so we are going to leave a gaping hole at DT."  I never said it was bumper crop for DTs.  What I did say is draft trends say that 'x' amount are going to be draft no matter the strength of the class.  I still believe that.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, but as I said, teams that need one will still take one.  It' not like they are going to say, "this year's crop sucks so we are going to leave a gaping hole at DT."  I never said it was bumper crop for DTs.  What I did say is draft trends say that 'x' amount are going to be draft no matter the strength of the class.  I still believe that.

11 days we find out which picture you will be showcasing !!!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
RASHAWN SLATERT, COLLEGE PLAYER
rashawn%20slater.jpg

ESPN's Dan Orlovsky sees the Lions doing "whatever they can to impact the bigs on either side" in the first round of the draft.

Orlovsky is simply speculating but he does have experience with many of the decision-makers within Detroit. He played with HC Dan Campbell in Detroit, who was a tight end for the team from 2006 to 2008. Orlovsky also spent the summer of 2017 with the Rams. Lions GM Brad Holmes was the Director of College Scouting for LA at the time. The Lions hold pick No. 7 and that leaves them in an awkward spot for either side of the line. Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater could be in play for Detroit if Oregon OT Penei Sewell is off the board. The Lions are thin at a number of position groups so "best player available" should be their approach even if Campbell and Holmes want to add some talent to the trenches.

I think, if Fields is there, he is a Lion.

The Lions are eerily in need of exactly what we need--and they pick 7---that suggests that they will take the best Need player on the board right before us.

Some are rumoring that the Fishins take a QB at 6.

Lions hoping for a top 2 OT, but would take Fields/Lance or a top WR. 

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The Lions are eerily in need of exactly what we need--and they pick 7---that suggests that they will take the best Need player on the board right before us.

Some are rumoring that the Fishins take a QB at 6.

Lions hoping for a top 2 OT, but would take Fields/Lance or a top WR. 

Dont they have a really good Left Tackle already?

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sucks but absolutely unsurprising. Great player and seems like a great guy but his injury list is a mile long.

I can not confirm it. Thats another dirty secret about most Bama players, they constantly play hurt and medicals always look awful. Part due to leadership and part due to not wanting to lose their spot. 

I wish the information form those 160 combine would be public, cause I know come draft time, thousands of fans will be screaming " DRAFT ______ HES A STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Ive done it, but the main reason for the falling is medicals or terrible off-field stuff. This year it will happen much more.