• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

On 4/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Basbear said:

WFT trading the whole draft for Trey lance.

Lions top target is Jaylen Waddle.

If the panthers miss out on Pitts, look for them starting in the 4th to trade for Zach Ertz. 

Jalen Mayfield falling out of the second round.

False

Maybe/draft one pick before

False

True

On 4/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, Basbear said:

Little known OT Spencer Brown will be a 2nd round pick. 

False/Late 3rd

On 4/14/2021 at 5:36 PM, Basbear said:

Have other WR agents been leaking BS about Waddle?? Hes the real deal folks, a top ten LOCK. This years is heavy cream, in 2019 he would have gone 3rd. By real reports hes the type that plays hurt, real tough guy for the WR spot. No Chase, everyone would signing waddle as the top WR. Reports are he was the best form ALL the Bama WRs form 2019 til now. 

True

On 4/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, Basbear said:

@45catfan you didnt know you where making a forum bet with a top decision maker, huh??......

True

On 4/24/2021 at 3:21 PM, Basbear said:

Landon Dickerson failed most of his medicals

reminder *rumor* thread

Im starting this one, panthers want to trade up in the back 3rd(use this years picks). opposite of what everyone thinks that they will trade back.  

True/iggles didnt care

True&False. did move up for Christian, but Finesser stayed trading back. Hard to judge.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, Basbear said:

Houston defensive lineman Payton Turner is RED HAWT currently, even some 1st round talk.

True/fug you iants!

On 4/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Basbear said:

This is how i see the top 8

1-Sinshine

2-Wilson

3-Jones

4-Pitts

5-Chase

6-Smith

7-Waddle

8-Sewell

* Some team may trade up for a QB, but @mrcompletely11 maybe right about his no 4 QBs statement that hes backed up a few times. If no trades this is my best guess

4 out of 8. I view this as a fail

On 4/29/2021 at 6:16 PM, Basbear said:

Drew Lock in on the block and will be moved before drafts end

Slim Reaper is #1 on Gmans' board, may even trade up for him.

False

Unknown/iggles made a trade with dallas....yes dallas...one pick ahead of giants and picked Slim.

Bold predictions yields 50% hit rate. I need to pump those numbers..

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hmmmmmm.....

Yep. I was wrong about Mac Jones. I was completely convinced the 49ers were going to take him and that other teams loved him. 49ers are good at smokescreens it would appear. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The quote was you saying the panthers were taking Fields

Oh no, I've been pretty adamant that we would NOT take Fields. I was implying that other teams would want to get ahead of us because they thought we would. 

Just now, Verge said:

Oh no, I've been pretty adamant that we would NOT take Fields. I was implying that other teams would want to get ahead of us because they thought we would. 

but I also thought we would take Mac Jones so...meh. 

18 hours ago, Verge said:

Yep. I was wrong about Mac Jones. I was completely convinced the 49ers were going to take him and that other teams loved him. 49ers are good at smokescreens it would appear. 🤷‍♀️

Apparently, if you believe the stories coming out of Santa Clara, the 49ers didn't actually know they were taking Lance until Monday. 

Which sounds terrifying as they traded three first round picks for a Draft slot without a name in mind. 

• Pie 1

Washington became the draft's bitch.  Picking at 19, they wanted a QB and let it be known they would trade up.  Rivera, used to a Cam Newton-style QB, watched Fields pass us AND Denver.  Instead, Marty sits there and watches Fields go to the Bears (20 to 11).  Were they afraid to trade with rivals Dallas and Philly, picking right after the Broncos?  Could they have offered Dallas their first 2 picks and a first in 2022 to move up 9 spots?  Instead, Hurney did not see the Bears with Dalton moving up.  He did not see NE moving up (for some reason) so he sat there, watching the Bears eat his lunch.  So now he has a roster with a 38-year old journeyman at QB and 2 undrafted castoffs from Carolina running the show.

Thank God he is gone.  However, in an interview for the Washington Post, Rivera seemed to talk as if he was picking the team.  Folks--Rivera is not that smart. So they drafted what he knows--a LB.  He will be fired this year.

Edited by MHS831