• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most realistic trade partner?

Agent Blue

1 minute ago, Santee_Panther said:

That 8th pick becomes more valuable if one of the top QBs is still there. I think it would take more than a 2nd in that scenario. And not sure Pats would move up unless it was for a QB.

Good chance at least lance is still standing at 8. Possibly even 2 Qbs. 

I see trade ups (Denver to Atlanta 4 or Miami 6, for example) and then maybe New England or Washington with Carolina (8).  Here is why:
Atlanta wants to move back--it is the smart move.  Denver is the closest to Atlanta, so they might trade up.

However, if Denver does not trade up, the Panthers then become the trade target because everyone thinks Denver wants a QB.  NE, Washington, and maybe even Philly, Chicago, etc could be on the hunt.  If Lance survives Cincy, Miami, and Detroit, we will get offered a ton. So watch Denver--they may move up with Atlanta or Miami.  --and if they are not aggressive and think a QB will fall to them, teams will want to move up to 8.

Here is the plus side:

If 4 qbs go early, then that leaves three other players that I consider to be generational talents:  Pitts, Sewell, and Chase.  However, Waddle and Smith are not far behind.  And if a team reaches or takes a jaw dropper--and I see a player like Parsons or Slater or Darrisaw possibly being that player, then it could drop one of those players to us.

In that case, I am not sure I trade--Chase, Moore, and Anderson?  Are you kidding me?  Pitts Moore and Anderson?  Tough to cover those guys.  Sewell?  Forget LT for a decade.

• Pie 4

We aren’t trading out. 

We will likely have a chance at a top 4 player overall in the draft. Most analysts top 6 is:

Lawrence

Pitts

Sewell

Chase

Wilson

Parsons

I actually have a really hard time believing we aren’t going to see a defender in the top 7. I could easily see the Lions or Falcons taking Parsons. 

In any event...I think it’s highly likely that one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts falls to 8th overall. If any of those players look like they’ll be there you take them. You don’t trade out.

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 2

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Pitts, Sewell, Slater, Chase

There are my top 8 if I'm running the Panthers board. I don't see me trading out and passing on any of these guys. 

If we traded down, maybe the Broncos at 9 move up in fear somebody else will. The Eagles at 12 for a QB, the Chargers at 13 for Sewell, or Patriots at 15 for a QB are the main teams I could see calling. Washington or Chicago may call, but they aren't going to like my price to move that far back.

After those top 8, I would have in order- Parsons, Smith, Waddle, Horn, Surtain, Owusu Koromoah, Vera-Tucker to round out my top 15

32 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I could easily see the Lions or Falcons taking Parsons. 

I’ve been looking at the message boards for both these teams lately trying to get any idea of what’s the fans might be saying. Falcons is as expected...QB or Pitts. On the Lions boards I keep seeing a common theme...comments like “Cant go wrong with Sewell but Parsons is a perfect fit for us”...Lions fans def for the most part r pounding the table for Parsons 

4 hours ago, unicar15 said:

We aren’t trading out. 

We will likely have a chance at a top 4 player overall in the draft. Most analysts top 6 is:

Lawrence

Pitts

Sewell

Chase

Wilson

Parsons

I actually have a really hard time believing we aren’t going to see a defender in the top 7. I could easily see the Lions or Falcons taking Parsons. 

In any event...I think it’s highly likely that one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts falls to 8th overall. If any of those players look like they’ll be there you take them. You don’t trade out.

There are definitely a lot of really dumb franchises in the top 7. I don't know that any of them are dumb enough to take Parsons.