• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashawn Slater

Martin

The below link has all offensive snaps from three different Northwestern games. Fun to watch Slater. Admittedly not an O-line expert, but man does he move well. His second level run blocking is awesome, on top of really good pass blocking. He definitely feels like a drop in instant starter at LT. Would be a perfect fit for us.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/27/2021-nfl-draft-rashawn-slater-northwestern-film-room-video/

47 minutes ago, Martin said:

The below link has all offensive snaps from three different Northwestern games. Fun to watch Slater. Admittedly not an O-line expert, but man does he move well. His second level run blocking is awesome, on top of really good pass blocking. He definitely feels like a drop in instant starter at LT. Would be a perfect fit for us.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/27/2021-nfl-draft-rashawn-slater-northwestern-film-room-video/

I used to coach OL for a good high school team, so I learned enough to be dangerous.  He has great feet, not overpowering, second level is awesome, and he is a solid starting LT who they say would be a better G--that flexibility could be important if he does not pan out at LT...

12 hours ago, Martin said:

If he is there and we dont pick him I may lose my mind

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I used to coach OL for a good high school team, so I learned enough to be dangerous.  He has great feet, not overpowering, second level is awesome, and he is a solid starting LT who they say would be a better G--that flexibility could be important if he does not pan out at LT...

IMO our second best OL in Panther history was Wharton.    Largely because of how diverse he was.   G, T? What do you need.   Wharton could be it. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

IMO our second best OL in Panther history was Wharton.    Largely because of how diverse he was.   G, T? What do you need.   Wharton could be it. 

Very underrated then and now.  He was better at LG, but you could play him anywhere.  Slater reminds me of Wharton to some degree.  I am not comparing their talent levels, but their style and versatility...

For me Slater is if poop hit the fan aka worst out-come for the panthers and Slater is the 8th. Which is fine by all accounts. I had this same feeling about Pitts, just number 8 will have a legit top 5 level player there. QBs gold-rush has pushed down the elites and Pitts & Slater are elite prospects. I do not see a huge difference between 2-8 in talents in the draft. The panthers are is a prime spot and they should be aware. 

2 hours ago, panthers320 said:

I'd rather trade back get extra picks and select Darrisaw. I know I'm in the majority but I would not be happy with Slater at 8. He is a good player but I think 8 is too high.

The knock on Darrisaw is he loses focus, doesn’t finish and gets a bit lazy.  No effing thanks.  Both Sewell and slater are known killers that want to rip your head off.  Just pick one and move on down the road.  

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

I said it in another thread and I stand by it, Slater did not look impressive to me especially in the 4th quarter of the Ohio St game (if you actually watch the game and not just his highlights from the game). And that is the game that everyone raves about. He was considered a 2nd round pick by multiple people then sat out a year and suddenly became a top 10 pick. I think he will be a good player but not worthy of #8 and not worth Darrisaw/Jenkins + other picks. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1