• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashawn Slater

Martin

7 hours ago, panthers320 said:

I said it in another thread and I stand by it, Slater did not look impressive to me especially in the 4th quarter of the Ohio St game (if you actually watch the game and not just his highlights from the game). And that is the game that everyone raves about. He was considered a 2nd round pick by multiple people then sat out a year and suddenly became a top 10 pick. I think he will be a good player but not worthy of #8 and not worth Darrisaw/Jenkins + other picks. 

Thank you for sharing a different opinion and “justifying” why. There is way too much name calling and yelling at huddle in general.

My opinion differs from yours, but that’s what makes a good discussion. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, panthers320 said:

I said it in another thread and I stand by it, Slater did not look impressive to me especially in the 4th quarter of the Ohio St game (if you actually watch the game and not just his highlights from the game). And that is the game that everyone raves about. He was considered a 2nd round pick by multiple people then sat out a year and suddenly became a top 10 pick. I think he will be a good player but not worthy of #8 and not worth Darrisaw/Jenkins + other picks. 

I'm all for trading down from #8 if the right offer comes along. 

Both Sewell and Slater lack the physical dimensions you want to see from a LT - neither is long enough. The guys that DO have those dimensions are lacking elsewhere in their game, but I'd be willing to take that risk later in the Draft. 

I actually think Sewell eventually becomes a very good OG in the NFL btw, when he works out his technique.