• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamarr chase at 8?

RIPTreyLance

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Picking your brain.  What makes you think we won't go LT?  (Curious not insulting)

You don't think Slater is worthy of this pick?  Some say he's better than Sewell.

WR IMO is a luxury pick, something we really can't afford if we plan on contending soon.   I think with the trade of Darnold the best thing we can do is put a good O-line in front of him. 

Oh, and yes, If it were me, I might take Slater for one reason--he can play G at an elite level.  So if for some reason he does not work out at T, he could be all pro inside.  And I think his awareness of the game (demonstrated by his incredibly precise angles on the second level) suggest a very high football IQ.  Northwestern is not for dummies as well.

Some people try to discredit Verge when a bit of info does not materialize, but she is on point with a lot of stuff before it hits the press.  She says that she knows that Waddle, Slater, and Pitts are on the Panthers round 1 board--not sure about any others.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Sewell is the guy if he is on the board, and we could take Slater if Sewell is gone or not--not sure--but there are a few factors that opened my eyes, Dave.  And I am with you--I want a LT.

However, Verge has some inside info--a scout for a team that is fairly in step with what Carolina is thinking--they have a pretty reliable grapevine, I would imagine.  She says Carolina wants a weapon.  And (see Unicar post) Moore and Anderson could be on the final years of contracts--we shall see how we like them.  However, I think they see Waddle as the KR/PR/Slot that can break games open....I did not have WRs on my Panther board in the first round.  I think it was Aussie who said we could get R. Moore in the second round after the T in the first.  Good points.

And finally, I think THEY THINK they have addressed the OL---we shall see.

Thanks

It's always nice to hear some insight on what we are thinking outside of D. Newton and J. Jones (neither do I trust).  I think it will be very important if we select a WR that he is skilled in the entire route tree and  not just a deep threat.  Too many deep threats don't seem to pan out to be great in the NFL. 

My 2 cents. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Thanks

It's always nice to hear some insight on what we are thinking outside of D. Newton and J. Jones (neither do I trust).  I think it will be very important if we select a WR that he is skilled in the entire route tree and  not just a deep threat.  Too many deep threats don't seem to pan out to be great in the NFL. 

My 2 cents. 

I agree, and it is a luxury.  T where I would go, but they must think either they can get one later or the T is already on the team.  Yikes.

• Pie 1

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

Did our last Super Bowl and the Chiefs last Super Bowl not teach us anything about OTs? 

Totally agree.  The whole time I watched the SB I could not help but think exactly this.  However, @MHS831pointed out.  There are some good prospects in round 2.  As long as we don't wait for day three to come before we choose a OT.  I think we'll be ok. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

According to Verge, there is a strong possibility we draft a WR--Waddle is the name she mentions repeatedly--And I agree with the OL comment--but here is how they might be looking at it:

We have addressed it by signing Scott and Erv at LT, Elfein at LG, Miller at RG, Tagging Moton.

I do not like Erv and Elf, but they seem to or they would not have offered multi-year contracts on the first day of tampering at about 8:30 AM

There's simply no way the Front Office think they've addressed OLine with those two signings.

They're quality depth players who are going to be given the opportunity to fight for a starting job.

Otherwise Darnold is fuged.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Totally agree.  The whole time I watched the SB I could not help but think exactly this.  However, @MHS831pointed out.  There are some good prospects in round 2.  As long as we don't wait for day three to come before we choose a OT.  I think we'll be ok. 

I still believe the safer route would be OT 1st WR 2nd some great slot options will be there. DJ Moore and Chase I feel would be the same player for us 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'd take an OT in the first and second round.

Or better yet, trade down and draft Phillips, then take an OT and something else.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

There's simply no way the Front Office think they've addressed OLine with those two signings.

They're quality depth players who are going to be given the opportunity to fight for a starting job.

Otherwise Darnold is fuged.

I hope you are right.  I am just going through the Matt Kalil, Byron Bell, Melvin Tuten, Clarence Jones, Jeno James flashbacks.   We have been in worse shape at LT than we are this year, with Scott, Erving, Daley, and Greggy on paper to play LT. 

If they do not like him, why a 2-year deal in the morning of the first day of tampering?  I can't understand it---it scares me.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if we go WR at 8. Last year, a certain WR would’ve been one of the targets had they traded back. 

I personally want Sewell or Slater and it’s not even up for debate. I don’t care about how deep this draft is at tackle. If they went and got tackles in rounds 1 and 2 I’d be thrilled about it. We all know how valuable a rookie contract for a QB is but the tackles spots aren’t too far behind. If we end up paying Darnold, rookie deals at LT and RT might be needed.

Waddle may be this years version of the trade back target of last years draft. If Pitts was there he’d be the pick but that sure as hell ain’t happening so...

Give me a damn LT 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if we go WR at 8. Last year, a certain WR would’ve been one of the targets had they traded back. 

I personally want Sewell or Slater and it’s not even up for debate. I don’t care about how deep this draft is at tackle. If they went and got tackles in rounds 1 and 2 I’d be thrilled about it. We all know how valuable a rookie contract for a QB is but the tackles spots aren’t too far behind. If we end up paying Darnold, rookie deals at LT and RT might be needed.

Waddle may be this years version of the trade back target of last years draft. If Pitts was there he’d be the pick but that sure as hell ain’t happening so...

Give me a damn LT 

If we did Slater would great in the first because if the 2nd rounder balls out Slater can be our all pro guard