• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamarr chase at 8?

RIPTreyLance

41 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

There’s been rumblings that they view slater in the same class as Sewell so I think if one of the two are there we will draft one. 

there’s been a ton of talk we are high on pitts and waddle as well. I hope we do the right thing and take the tackle regardless. We desperately need to address this oline.

My fear is Sewell and Slater being gone by 8.

Bengals take Sewell and Lions take Slater. 

Although the Bengals could take Slater since they just signed Reiff. Slater can play RT this season for them. And then the Dolphins take Sewell in this scenario. 

Let’s assume the Falcons are locked in on Pitts. 

I’d hope there would be opportunity to trade back if that’s the case. A team trying to jump in front of Denver for a QB. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Best path for Pitts

Falcons - QB
Bengals - Sewell
Dolphins - Chase

Best chance to get Sewell

Falcons - QB
Bengals - Chase
Dolphins - Pitt

Whats our best path for Chase cuz I don’t honestly see it?

Falcons - Lance

Bengals - Sewell

Phins - Pitts (he may be rated higher - FWIW Kiper has them moving up for him)

Lions - Slater, Parsons

I wouldn't be mad... If you listened to what Rhule said his presser, he mentioned that getting better on defense, adding support on both sides of the line, and adding more talent to the passing game was key for them in the draft so I could see it happening so as long as round 2 is about the offensive line. 

• Pie 1

Just now, jamos14 said:

If Pitts, Sewell, and Fields are all gone,  I'd be happy to get Chase. 

I'd take Chase over Slater but I would be happy with him too.   Slater is the "more safe" option but Chase has much more superstar potential.

Why are we so sold on slater when the majority of draft pundits are questioning whether he's even going to be playing Left tackle? If it's not a true Left tackle I don't want him...

2 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Why are we so sold on slater when the majority of draft pundits are questioning whether he's even going to be playing Left tackle? If it's not a true Left tackle I don't want him...

That's where I'm at too but it's mostly about arm length.  Those defending him point to the game against Chase Young where he shut him down so it proves he can handle a top tier pass rusher even with the shorter arms.

I just don't love a pick in top 10 that feels close to their ceiling already.   Slater is already very technical skilled and likely maxed his frame at only 6'3.  

I wouldn't be angry if they chose him but if Sewell/Pitts/Chase/Fields are all gone, I'm trading down.

• Pie 1

I'd be mad as hell... If they go another glamour position instead of finally securing the most important spot on the Oline..

They have to know the history here.. This would completely crush my idea that we truly have a intelligent and up and coming FO...

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think that we take Sewell if he is there.

For a moment, it appeared as if you were departing from the revered Holy Church of the Left Tackle.  I now see that your momentary loss of faith was transient.  You are absolved of your sins.  Go in peace, my son.

Edited by bythenbrs

Stick to your draft board and dont reach for need. If you have Chase rated above Slater, then fug it, trust your scouting and pull the trigger.

It would be hard to be mad at Chase in rd.1 and Eichenburg, Leatherwood etc. in rd.2. Adding talent to what was a talent deficient roster is the goal.

Edited by Mills
  • Beer 1