• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamarr chase at 8?

RIPTreyLance

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really want either one.

I remember everyone cheering when Ryan Grigson and the Colts kept drafting weapons for Andrew Luck while ignoring the offensive line. People were wishing we used that approach.

Look what happened there.

If we don’t go Sewell or slater at 8 I am going to lose my mind.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember everyone cheering when Ryan Grigson and the Colts kept drafting weapons for Andrew Luck while ignoring the offensive line. People were wishing we used that approach.

What weapons did they draft for Luck exactly. He had T.Y. Hilton and that's about it. They drafted two tight ends the same year they drafted Luck but they didn't draft a difference-maker for him at all when he was there.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we don’t go Sewell or slater at 8 I am going to lose my mind.  

If Sewell is there I don’t think you can pass on him...it would also mean Pitts and Chase are likely gone. 

Slater? Not so Sure...it’d be hard to pass on Chase or Pitts for Slater imo. You could draft Alex Leatherwood outside the top 10 and maybe end up with a better player. 

Sewell imo is the tackle in the top 10...I’m not sold on anyone else. 

12 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Hear me out. I know we never invest in left tackles and this is a prime opportunity to do so, but if Kyle pitts and Penei Sewell are gone, would anyone really be MAD about picking Chase? By all accounts he's the best prospect we've seen since julio. 

Can you truly be mad taking Julio Jones at 8?

No GIF

We already have DJ to pay coming up as well as Robby if he stays consistent. Both young and talented 1k receivers. Or Chase could be the next OBJ thats a talented headcase like TO. How many rings has TO, OBJ or Julio won?

It's like if your Madden WR position rating was an 80, would a move to raise it to 85 that much of a difference? Or would you rather raise your Oline or Corner overall average from a 50 to a 70? Something startable that wont get your QB killed so he has time to throw to those wide receivers. I'd rather raise the whole teams average than just make one position raise a few points.

26 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

No GIF

We already have DJ to pay coming up as well as Robby if he stays consistent. Both young and talented 1k receivers. Or Chase could be the next OBJ thats a talented headcase like TO. How many rings has TO, OBJ or Julio won?

It's like if your Madden WR position rating was an 80, would a move to raise it to 85 that much of a difference? Or would you rather raise your Oline or Corner overall average from a 50 to a 70? Something startable that wont get your QB killed so he has time to throw to those wide receivers. I'd rather raise the whole teams average than just make one position raise a few points.

We could have 3 WR who go over 1,000 receiving yards easily. This would be much better then what we had with curtis. Man! I just don't wanna take someone who's average. I know we have needs.. I just want a slam dunk. I'm not sold on slater so imo if Sewell is gone we need to take BPA... Everything will work itself out 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ryan Grigson's biggest problem wasn't just which specific positions he was selecting but that he was an awful evaluator of talent period. To apply a well this is what Ryan Grigson did and it didn't work out label to every mock that doesn't have us taking a left tackle is silliness. Fitterer could be great or he could be a dud we won't know for a few years but Seattle hasn't exactly been known for stellar drafts as of late.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Ryan Grigson's biggest problem wasn't just which specific positions he was selecting but that he was an awful evaluator of talent period. To apply a well this is what Ryan Grigson did and it didn't work out label to every mock that doesn't have us taking a left tackle is silliness. Fitterer could be great or he could be a dud we won't know for a few years but Seattle hasn't exactly been known for stellar drafts as of late.

Grigson's just one convenient example. There are plenty of teams that have added skill players while half-assing the offensive line.

One of them currently has a very disgruntled quarterback because of it.

And yes, the fact that we got our GM from that team does worry me a little.