• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy only had 2 2nd-half TD passes in 2020, none after Wk 4

KSpan

5 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

I think this highlights the need to continue to mold the team around Teddy to better take advantage of his skill set.

A guy who should be targeted  in the early rounds is Tutu Atwell who like Teddy attended Miami Northwestern HS and then Louisville. Teddy excels at the short/intermediate pass, and Atwell is a guy who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

You can't mold around a QB that won't/can't take the necessary risks. 4th and 8 passing for 2 yards isn't going to cut it. Saying that he wanted to check out of a play where he missed a wide open receiver for a touchdown because he didn't like it is a problem. Teddy likes to play it safe and in this game you have to be willing to take risks to win. Teddy has shown he isn't that guy. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

I think this highlights the need to continue to mold the team around Teddy to better take advantage of his skill set.

A guy who should be targeted  in the early rounds is Tutu Atwell who like Teddy attended Miami Northwestern HS and then Louisville. Teddy excels at the short/intermediate pass, and Atwell is a guy who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

You can't mold around a QB that won't/can't take the necessary risks. 4th and 8 passing for 2 yards isn't going to cut it. Saying that he wanted to check out of a play where he missed a wide open receiver for a touchdown because he didn't like it is a problem. Teddy likes to play it safe and in this game you have to be willing to take risks to win. Teddy has shown he isn't that guy. 

22 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Hey if he don’t understand the first time, post it again. Sometimes that don’t even get into the heads of these people they would argue with a brick wall.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Yeah he was very depressing to watch and boring. Darnolds stats don't look much better when I was seeing his but I sure hope he can find his swag here that he had in college. Chances are he may not but I will get behind him and hope as I did with Teddy.

...we believe in Sam...

54 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

Do you know the definition of insanity?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I just meant with Brady’s play calling in the second half. I remember being kind of like this play calling sucks at times. 

Joe Brady while great overall.....was suspect at times on big downs (4th and some key 3rds) and very late.  I mean, some of his 4th down playcalls were just bad.  I know hindsight and all and success/failure of a play skews it some.....but some were just head scratchers even if they worked out. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, BigTeddyFan said:

Teddy doesn’t excel at anything. Even the short passes were more often behind the receiver or too low or off target in some way. We just have good receivers who were able to adjust and catch some of those bad throws.