• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Carolina Panther 8 player Big Board

MHS831

So it is time to nail down your thoughts. If you would not draft a player in the top 8, do not include him--not player rankings--it is your shopping list. 

At the end, include a number where you think the talent level significantly drops.  That should be your trade back limit. If you want to add players up to that number, go for it.

I will start:

1. QB Lawrence (if he falls to 8, he is a panther.  I stake my rep on it)

2. LT Sewell (maybe Slater is a better fit, but dang...)

3. QB Wilson (I think he is going to be good)

4. TE Pitts (more than a TE should be allowed to be)

5. QB Fields (You really can't leave him there, but you might trade back and use him as bait)

6. LT/G Slater (Spidey Senses tingling that this might be the pick)

7. WR Chase (Really good at getting open, catching the ball, and taking it to the house)

8. WR Waddle (he is that good, folks.  Did not watch tape until Verge said he is on the list--I could handle it.  Spidey senses tingling--I have 2 spiders)

----

I see the talent drop off around 8.  I am not sure I would trade back, unless I was assured to get one of these players.  I might take some future picks and a first rounder to move back, but not sure that I would.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

1. Lawrence

2. Sewell

3. Pitts

4. Wilson

5. Chase

6. Fields

7. Waddle

8. Slater

9. Surtain

10. Parsons

11. Lance

I think there are around 10-12 blue chip players, and the talent then goes to the second tier until about number 35 or 40.  Lots and lots of value to be had at the end of the 1st/top of the 2nd.  In this draft our 2nd rounder will be a lot like a late 1st rounder.  We are set up very very pretty to really improve in the first couple of rounds.  Take the stud, game changer at 8, then improve at a crucial position of need in the 2nd and 3rd.

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 3

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So it is time to nail down your thoughts. If you would not draft a player in the top 8, do not include him--not player rankings--it is your shopping list. 

At the end, include a number where you think the talent level significantly drops.  That should be your trade back limit. If you want to add players up to that number, go for it.

I will start:

1. QB Lawrence (if he falls to 8, he is a panther.  I stake my rep on it)

2. LT Sewell (maybe Slater is a better fit, but dang...)

3. QB Wilson (I think he is going to be good)

4. TE Pitts (more than a TE should be allowed to be)

5. QB Fields (You really can't leave him there, but you might trade back and use him as bait)

6. LT/G Slater (Spidey Senses tingling that this might be the pick)

7. WR Chase (Really good at getting open, catching the ball, and taking it to the house)

8. WR Waddle (he is that good, folks.  Did not watch tape until Verge said he is on the list--I could handle it.  Spidey senses tingling--I have 2 spiders)

----

I see the talent drop off around 8.  I am not sure I would trade back, unless I was assured to get one of these players.  I might take some future picks and a first rounder to move back, but not sure that I would.

I agree with your 8.

I prefer 1-7 over Waddle though. I’d prefer trade back before Waddle I think. 

Chase is a true #1 like a Michael Thomas imo, doesn’t blow you away but does everything so well and has really strong hands. Waddle is that luxury playmaker like Tyreek Hill. I’d much rather have the true #1. Chase and Moore can move around.

We REALLY need San Fran to actually take Mac at 3. That would move one of these 7 guys down for us at 8. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I think it's silly to include Lawrence, Wilson or Jones. The top 3 picks are locks.

I don't know that Jones is a lock (his name could become Fields for that role, but one of the two are a lock to go at #3, I think), but I laughed a little when I mentioned Lawrence and Wilson.  Six weeks ago I would have had the same reaction to Sewell, but there are at least credible possibilities he could be sitting there.  Not likely, but possible.

• Pie 3

43 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I think it's silly to include Lawrence, Wilson or Jones. The top 3 picks are locks.

1. Kyle Pitts

2. Rashawn Slater

3. Justin Fields

4. Penei Sewell

5. Jamar Chase

6. Jaylen Waddle

7. Patrick Surtain

8. Jaycee Horn 

Is Jones a lock?  I hope so.  I am seeing Fields mocked to SF a lot. 

And this is a big board, so including all players is interesting. For example, if you rate Sewell ahead of Jones and Wilson, it gives more perspective than if you automatically put 3 QBs at 1, 2, 3.   I do not have Jones or Lance in my top 8, for example.

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

1. Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson

4. Lance

5. Sewell

6. Slater

7. Pitts

8. Chase

You have faith in Fields, and I see why---I can't get past the Ohio St curse that goes back to Art Schichter or whatever his name was.   He is definitely a stud.