• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Carolina Panther 8 player Big Board

MHS831

48 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

e REALLY need San Fran to actually take Mac at 3. That would move one of these 7 guys down for us at 8. 

I know---If Mac Jones goes at three--and I would not be surprised to see the Bungles take Chase--Atlanta will probably trade back--but some team always shocks everyone with some crazy pick--I see Surtain, Darrisaw, or Parsons possibly rocking the boat--who knows?  Miami?  Detroit?  They are wild cards.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You have faith in Fields, and I see why---I can't get past the Ohio St curse that goes back to Art Schichter or whatever his name was.   He is definitely a stud.

I believe in his ceiling quite a bit. I see it as higher than Wilson's. Gun to my head....I probably take Wilson as the safer bet. But, I also have Lance at 4 and he is an extremely polarizing prospect. 

My big board is a direct reflection of not seeing competent QB play since healthy Cam. That's a long streak of watching a bunch of "who dat" players pilot this sinking franchise.

• Pie 3

I’ll include my comps too:

1. Lawrence (All Pro) - Rodgers. I think TL size is taking away from the comps bc he’s so big. But he’s Rodgers. Cannon arm, extends plays, can run, deadly accurate. I don’t get the Wilson Rodgers comps. 

2. Sewell (All Pro) - Orlando Pace. Monster, super athlete who probably just as easy could be an Olympian. 

3. Chase (All Pro) - Bigger Steve Smith (CAR Steve...not NYG)

4. Pitts (if he stays healthy which is major question at his size imo he moves ahead of Chase) - All Pro - Taller Julio Jones

5. Fields - Franchise QB top 10 - Deshaun Watson

6. Wilson - Franchise QB top 12 - Jake Plummer

7. Lance - Franchise QB top 15 - Cam Newton meets Josh Allen (Allen more accurate than Cam ever was). Cam much more athletic. 

8. Parsons - All Pro - Von Miller - with Keuchly coverage ability. 😳

I don’t necessarily think Fields, Lance, Wilson will be better at their position than Waddle. But....I think a top 12-15 QB for 10 years is more valuable than a pro bowl receiver. 

I think in the right scheme where they figure out how to maximize his strengths Parsons is the best linebacker to come out since Keuchly....hard to say he’s not too 10 with that trait. He’s absolutely the best defender in the class imo. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I know---If Mac Jones goes at three--and I would not be surprised to see the Bungles take Chase--Atlanta will probably trade back--but some team always shocks everyone with some crazy pick--I see Surtain, Darrisaw, or Parsons possibly rocking the boat--who knows?  Miami?  Detroit?  They are wild cards.

Maybe @Vergeknows but I’d have to think there are some teams with Darrisaw as their LT2 with Slater or Sewell being most teams 1’s. 

I keep thinking Detroit goes OL or trade back. I know they lost all their WR’s but they need to build their lines on both sides of the ball. Plus if they’re going to give Goff a fighting chance they absolutely must keep him upright.

Also because we’re talking Waddle here’s a good video about him and Smith...

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Maybe @Vergeknows but I’d have to think there are some teams with Darrisaw as their LT2 with Slater or Sewell being most teams 1’s. 

I keep thinking Detroit goes OL or trade back. I know they lost all their WR’s but they need to build their lines on both sides of the ball. Plus if they’re going to give Goff a fighting chance they absolutely must keep him upright.

Also because we’re talking Waddle here’s a good video about him and Smith...

https://youtu.be/D5-PhroLGFk

thanks.  Watching it now.  We know we are going to get a good player.  I was not happy when we drafted Kuechly or CMC.  I hated the Beason pick.  I was not a Cam supporter for the same reasons they are questioning Fields.  So I am going to keep my ego in check because, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."  I just made that up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

1 Sewell

2 Slater

3 Surtain II

4 Parsons

5 Horn

6 Pitts

7 whoever's left on OL

8 read #7 again 

All in on Tackle.  Watch the Tevan Jenkins video in the draft thread.  I wish he were a LT, and wonder if he will be tried there.  Arms shorter than 33"

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

1. Lawrence (All Pro)

2. Sewell (All Pro)

3. Chase (All Pro) 

4. Pitts (if he stays healthy which is major question at his size imo he moves ahead of Chase) - All Pro

5. Fields - Franchise QB top 10

6. Wilson - Franchise QB top 12

7. Lance - Franchise QB top 15 

8. Parsons - All Pro

I don’t necessarily think Fields, Lance, Wilson will be better at their position than Waddle. But....I think a top 12-15 QB for 10 years is more valuable than a pro bowl receiver. 

Nice way of looking at it. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I believe in his ceiling quite a bit. I see it as higher than Wilson's. Gun to my head....I probably take Wilson as the safer bet. But, I also have Lance at 4 and he is an extremely polarizing prospect. 

My big board is a direct reflection of not seeing competent QB play since healthy Cam. That's a long streak of watching a bunch of "who dat" players pilot this sinking franchise.

Some folks are going to be sick in about 2-3 years when these guys they over-analyzed are lighting it up.  And others will be trading their picks for a sixth this year and a second and fourth next year.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

I think there are around 10-12 blue chip players, and the talent then goes to the second tier until about number 35 or 40.  Lots and lots of value to be had at the end of the 1st/top of the 2nd.  In this draft our 2nd rounder will be a lot like a late 1st rounder.  We are set up very very pretty to really improve in the first couple of rounds.  Take the stud, game changer at 8, then improve at a crucial position of need in the 2nd and 3rd.

Agree with this.

This isn't a super deep draft like last year but there's a larger second tier than usual.  I think this is also why we wanted to keep our 3rd and 4th rounders this year.  We could trade up into the 2nd after that first second rounder.

Could land a starting OT, OG, and CB pretty instantly this year.  

1-8: Slater OT/OG

2-8: Mayfield/Cosmi OT/OG

2-Trade: Samuel Jr./Adebo CB

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

thanks.  Watching it now.  We know we are going to get a good player.  I was not happy when we drafted Kuechly or CMC.  I hated the Beason pick.  I was not a Cam supporter for the same reasons they are questioning Fields.  So I am going to keep my ego in check because, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."  I just made that up.

Exactly. In 2-3 years from now if whoever we draft becomes the player you envisioned, does it really matter where he was drafted and what position he plays?

Yes we need an LT but if Waddle becomes a pro bowl playmaker type are we really going to look back and complain we took him at 8? Same thing with Luke and CMC. 

I honestly trust Rhule and I know he wants to address the OL. So if we don’t go OL in round 1, I know he’ll address it after that.

• Pie 1

1. TL

2. Sewell

3. Slater

4. Wilson

5. Chase

6. Pitts

7. Fields

8. Trade back - since we're talking big board, I'm adding trade back as my option at 8 if these players are gone. Wouldn't want to move further back than 15 at most. 

9. Waddle

10. Lance - merely based on positional value

11. Surtain/Horn - these 2 are neck and neck IMO

12 Parsons - based on talent alone. I dont see LB holding the value in this years draft 

Love this topic OP

1- Lawrence. Best QB prospect since Luck

2- Fields. Would be #1 overall prospect any year but this one. Can make any throw on Field. Has elite athleticism he actually underutilizes. His accuracy is top notch and the whole first read thing reeks of racism and is untrue. 

3-Wilson. Live arm, will need some work but has a very high ceiling. 

4-Trey Lance. Tons of potential. Ran a pro-style offense and had a lot of control over it. Elite athleticism. Probably the highest boom/bust prospect but might have the most potential. 

5-Penei Sewell. Elite athleticism for a man his size. Started LT as a freshman. 

6-Rashawn Slater. Not as far behind Sewell as you might guess. Stonewalled Chase Young in the game against him. Strong as hell. 

7-Kyle Pitts. Unicorn type prospect. Positional value drops him to 7 on my big board.

8-Jamar Chase. Not a need but is a true WR #1. 

Just for fun

9-Jaylen Waddle, 10-Patrick Surtain, 11-Christian Darrisaw, 12- Jaycee Horn, 13- Greg Newsome, 14- Devonta Smith, 15- Aljah Vera-Tucker, 16- Tevon Moehring

• Pie 1