• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perhaps the most underrated OT in the Draft

MHS831

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

Love Jenkins, hes OL N-A-S-T-Y. But most know him, so hes not underrated.

My pick for under-rated,(well until I make this claim...) is Spencer Brown! Who?? Who is right, he played at northern Iowa and should be a 2nd rounder..

image.jpeg.dab6ffab1ba8a4dcbf0c89ad6f727e61.jpeg

Don't be surprised if he's already a target. He tested off the charts athletically. Highest score since 1987 in fact and has almost 35" arms.

image.png.a010db24b790fdae0be376ba02ca2b7d.png

Edited by Untouchable
  • Beer 1

I think Jenkins could go top 15, but most have him at late first, early second.  If you look at trade value, that is more underrated.  You do not have to be unknown to be underrated. 

Untouchable, I have been spying Brown for some time now.  I think he (like Jenkins) has been on the right side, but he has the athleticism to convert.  He will go second round and people will be startled.

Yes, startled.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Don't be surprised if he's already a target. He tested off the charts athletically. Highest score since 1987 in fact and has almost 35" arms.

image.png.a010db24b790fdae0be376ba02ca2b7d.png

This guy thinks Brown is a first rounder

I stand corrected---this is the most underrated OT in the draft. Pretty sure that he was not on the Rhule side of the SR bowl--played for the other side.   Hoping Rhule would have had full opportunity to get to know him.

I am of the mindset--if Moton wants big money, let him go get it.  Do not see much of a drop off here and we could save $80m over 4 years in cap room.

Edited by MHS831

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Untouchable, I have been spying Brown for some time now.  I think he (like Jenkins) has been on the right side, but he has the athleticism to convert.  He will go second round and people will be startled.

Yes, startled.

Yeah he first caught my eye at the senior bowl. I've seen speculation of him as a first rounder too but day 2 is seems reasonable.

Moton in a contract year means you should prepare if you can, but he's been an elite RT since he stepped in and that's a tough one to replace. I'd rather get him under contract if possible.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This guy thinks Brown is a first rounder

I stand corrected---this is the most underrated OT in the draft. Pretty sure that he was not on the Rhule side of the SR bowl--played for the other side.   Hoping Rhule would have had full opportunity to get to know him.

I am of the mindset--if Moton wants big money, let him go get it.  Do not see much of a drop off here and we could save $80m over 4 years in cap room.

Its not right or wrong bro. I did lean towards unknown some, just seen Jenkins mocked/ranked as a top 15-25 player. Hed have to go top five and that will not happen in this draft. Brown has gotten about 0 press/attention(outside of draft nerds), even Radunz has gotten run as first/second sleeper. He also didnt play and that put him further off draft radars. It would not shock me if KC drafted Brown with the 31st pick. The rest is below

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah he first caught my eye at the senior bowl. I've seen speculation of him as a first rounder too but day 2 is seems reasonable.

Moton in a contract year means you should prepare if you can, but he's been an elite RT since he stepped in and that's a tough one to replace. I'd rather get him under contract if possible.

Me too about the senior bowl. I forget which "expert" seen about 3 days of Brown. He told anyone if they need OL help, Brown is turning heads and not struggling against names. I did state the DEs this year are below par, but thats when I took notice. No chance a guy form Northern Iowa that bypassed a year was on my list. Maybe back in 2015 when i spent more time, but now I just focus on players around the panthers picks. (Plus top 40) Sadly I feel its too soon for Brown for the panthers 39th pick, I feel better value will be edge/WR/other OTs. Mid-late 2nd a team could/should draft him and maybe even before Radunz/other high ranked name OTs.