• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think the draft plays out like this...

Bronn

1 Jags - Lawrence 

2 Jets - Wilson

3 Niners - Jones

4 Falcons - trade with Pats - Fields

5 Bengals - Chase

6 Dolphins - DeVonta Smith

7 Lions - Sewell

8 Panthers - trade down

Lance, Slater, and Pitts would all be options if we stayed put, but there is more value in trading down at this point.

• Pie 1

Just now, musicman said:

If Pitts is there at 8, you take him. If not, then trade down. 

I really don’t think we’ll value TE that highly but I may be wrong. I think Slater or Lance would both be higher on the Panthers’ board.

• Pie 4

If Pitts makes it to 8 and we don’t take that, I’ll probably be more upset about not taking him than happy on who we would have picked with any picks acquired from a trade down. 

I agree with @*FreeFua* though, I just don’t see him dropping that far. 

• Beer 3

33 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I really don’t think we’ll value TE that highly but I may be wrong. I think Slater or Lance would both be higher on the Panthers’ board.

You shouldn't think of Pitts as just a TE--a plain one at that--because his skill set is that of a sure-handed WR with a wonderful catch radius due to his outstanding athleticism. 

He is the epitome of a matchup nightmare. And I don't believe we'll pass on him if he's there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You shouldn't think of Pitts as just a TE--a plain one at that--because his skill set is that of a sure-handed WR with a wonderful catch radius due to his outstanding athleticism. 

He is the epitome of a matchup nightmare. And I don't believe we'll pass on him if he's there.

Ask yourself how much we used any TE last year. 

Now remind yourself we just signed a capable TE this offseason.

Now picture the amount of holes we still have at other positions that we actually value.

The Pitts/Panthers reports are a hell of a lot of hype/smoke.

That said. I wouldn’t be upset with that pick. I just think it is less likely that he’s there or that we’ll pick him over other positions if he is.

I almost had him going to Miami. That could still happen and we’re not even debating this.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

I think Jacksonville is going to draft Zach Wilson.  Since Lawrence just had surgery

Saw news reports a few days ago saying that Jacksonville have already handed out their playbook to Lawrence... 

29 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well Pitts isn’t making it past Miami if he’s even there at 6 

And no, Lance isn’t rated higher than Pitts on our board.

27 minutes ago, GOAT said:

if Pitts is there we take him, he's #1 on our board.

Y’all are buying that hype.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Can we just fast forward and have the draft tomorrow? Two more weeks is painful. I have 0 clue who we will take and who will be there. Picks 1/2 seem to be set but 3-7 is a complete toss up and one guy (Jones) has a huge impact if he’s taken.

I’m 99% sure Jones is the 9ers guy and have been since they traded up.

I’m also almost 99% sure my picks 1-5 are damned close to how it happens, the only doubt being New England taking Fields or Lance.