• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think the draft plays out like this...

Bronn

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Aint no hype. Rhule likes Pitts. Always has.

Liking and drafting are different things. I’m also curious about how much say Rhule will even have. It is his job to coach, not assemble the team.

Word is Rhule also liked guys like Whitehead but that didn’t work out so well.

Fitterer gonna Fitt

21 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Ask yourself how much we used any TE last year. 

Now remind yourself we just signed a capable TE this offseason.

Now picture the amount of holes we still have at other positions that we actually value.

The Pitts/Panthers reports are a hell of a lot of hype/smoke.

That said. I wouldn’t be upset with that pick. I just think it is less likely that he’s there or that we’ll pick him over other positions if he is.

I almost had him going to Miami. That could still happen and we’re not even debating this.

Ughhh… we didn’t use a TE last year because ours were awful. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Now picture the amount of holes we still have at other positions that we actually value.

That said. I wouldn’t be upset with that pick. I just think it is less likely that he’s there or that we’ll pick him over other positions if he is.

I almost had him going to Miami. That could still happen and we’re not even debating this.

How do you know what we value?

"Ask yourself" how much we used Olsen when he was healthy? All the f'ing time. So we do value the TE position. We just do not value Ian Thomas, because he blows. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

1 Jags - Lawrence 

2 Jets - Wilson

3 Niners - Jones

4 Falcons - trade with Pats - Fields

5 Bengals - Chase

6 Dolphins - DeVonta Smith

7 Lions - Sewell

8 Panthers - trade down

Lance, Slater, and Pitts would all be options if we stayed put, but there is more value in trading down at this point.

I don't agree, but I'm always interested in your take.

I don't think we will trade down. We need a foundational member of the team we are building. We need to make a pick of the litter pick. I still think we take a swing at QB if one falls, if not it's LT or Pitts. 

Slater --> Sewell --> Pitts barring one of the top four QBs in your list don't fall.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

Ughhh… we didn’t use a TE last year because ours were awful. 

True

10 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

How do you know what we value?

"Ask yourself" how much we used Olsen when he was healthy? All the f'ing time. So we do value the TE position. We just do not value Ian Thomas, because he blows. 

Different coaching staff. That said, they did sign a guy to be that TE weapon, but there is no telling how much they will use him. If Pitts is the pick, I can see them using him all the time, especially if he can block.

17 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

True

Different coaching staff. That said, they did sign a guy to be that TE weapon, but there is no telling how much they will use him. If Pitts is the pick, I can see them using him all the time, especially if he can block.

and in the red zone all day 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

We didn't have one worth using. Brady didn't shy away from using one at LSU.

8 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

bengals are idiots if they dont take seawell

They have two solid tackles. They have flexibility to take an array of good players. There's talk there among fans  moving Sewell to G. That would seem not to be passing up a better situation 

Edited by Moo Daeng

I'm not set in my ways regarding any particular player. We have a lot of good options. I think the staff has the best idea what they are looking for.

It's funny seeing some make definitive statements about our draft board. I doubt it's even settled yet by those who will use it 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1