• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Well Represented at Fields 2nd Pro Day

ncfan

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep we had a franchise QB and ran him into the ground. If Herbert fell to us it has been stated we would have drafted him. Drafting a QB early that drops to us doesn’t mean we have to avoid getting any kind of help at LT? Why do people think this? We should absolutely get one in the 2nd to compete with Scott and Erving. We have an anchor at RT which we are investing money in and picked up to G/Cs in Erving and Elf and resigned Miller. Our line was ranked 18 last year so slightly below average, but middle of the pack. Throw in a 2nd round LT (very deep class) with our FAs, Moton, and Paradis and it should be even better next year. 

Why do you people think that drafting a QB in the top 5 or even top 10 automatically improves a team? History has shown that these picks have a high failure rate, because you’re drafting a guy ranked by position not overall. Take Zach Wilson for instance, projected to be the the second overall pick. Now seriously, you’re gonna tell me he’s the second most talented player in the draft?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Why do you people think that drafting a QB in the top 5 or even top 10 automatically improves a team? History has shown that these picks have a high failure rate, because you’re drafting a guy ranked by position not overall. Take Zach Wilson for instance, projected to be the the second overall pick. Now seriously, you’re gonna tell me he’s the second most talented player in the draft?

It’s the simple fact that we don’t have an established player at the most important position in sports. All I’m saying is if a player we like FALLS to us at 8, we should draft him. Not draft one just to do it. If we aren’t high on Mac or Lance and they are there at 8 than pass. If we are high on Fields and he actually makes it to 8 draft him. If our staff isn’t sold on him the grab a LT and I’ll be happy.

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Hot take: Fields goes #2 overall to the Jets.

A lot of teams blowing smoke to the media trying to get him to drop now we hear the narrative starting to come back around on him.

And when did our Darnold trade talk with the Jets start to heat up? Fields’ pro day.

Thats who they should draft. I mean, really, Jax should be considering Fields.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Is there any actual news about Fields’ pro day itself and how it went?

No media was allowed but the tidbits that are leaking are saying it was just like the first.  His arm strength was displayed on a 60 yard pass running to his left and he made the exact same throws as the first except flipped.  I doubt it changed anyone’s mind either way.   

after spending the greater part of the week listening to various podcasts breaking down the prospects I cannot remember a qb coming out that was had so much disagreement.   One faction swears he cannot process the field fast enough and relies on his first read.  The other say that’s just how the offense is.   I am not smart enough to know either way but something to me does feel off about him.   Northwester gave him all sorts of problems    

• Pie 1