• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Player Don’t You Want?

Troys99x4

We have a thread about what position you don’t want to see drafted, but I want to know what player would have you triggered if they were picked at 8? And why. 

I’ll start. 

I DO NOT want us to fall in the Surtain trap. Yes his numbers reflect a first round pick, but I would not touch him in the first 15 picks. He has very pedestrian ball skills and really relies on making contact at the line of scrimmage to redirect opposing receivers. His top end speed is not impressive and if he is beat off the line, he is toast. I truly think he reaped the benefits of playing with a stellar defense. In my opinion he is the 3rd-4th best CB in this class, I just don’t see the hype when I watch his film. I would much rather have Jaycee Horn or Farley. I would be pretty disappointed if we used #8 overall on Surtain. Just my opinion. Let me hear yours. 

Edited by Troys99x4
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Mac Jones.

I see no reason to pick Jones when we have Darnold. It would be a poorly used high draft pick, a complete waste. We need at least 2 OL, 1 S, 1 CB, 1 WR and maybe a TE (if there is one worthy of the pick when it’s our turn). QB is no longer a pressing need, we have enough needs to address without throwing away a pick.

5 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Rashawn Slater. NFL evaluators don't even know if he can sustain play at left tackle and think he needs moved inside. 

"With your number 8 pick, that could be used to find a slam dunk player, Rashawn Slater left.... GUARD!!!"

I don’t let the “evaluators” let me think Rashawn can’t be a stud at LT. He has great feet, strength, and is a beast in the weight room. Just because he isn’t as big as Sewell or Darrisaw they automatically deem him a guard. If Sewell is gone, I wouldn’t be mad if we too Slater or Darrisaw. I think both have the potential to be that franchise LT we so desperately need. 

• Pie 5

15 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

Pitts. 
I say this because I was so convinced that OJ Howard, TJ Hockensen, and Eric Ebron would all be major game-changers. Pitts appears to be a stud, but I just don’t feel comfortable with taking a TE that high. It’s got to be OT or CB. 

Man did this bring me back to Earth on Pitts or what...