• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI writes about Lawrence

ladypanther

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. He even says his words will be taken out of context. We are in a world where people need their opinions created for them and in abbreviated form. Arm chair QBs acting like playing football at Clemson isn’t going to prepare someone for the NFL.

So..... don't say them?

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, that’s what that means. It means that he’s smart enough to understand that people will immediately take his answer and turn it into a hey he hates football and will be a bust because he won’t be able to handle the NFL. He was right. 

But he's not smart enough to keep that opinion to himself and his immediate circle knowing the reactionary nature of sports fans?

Makes sense. 

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What? He’s being honest. WGAF what the reactionary fans think? He doesn’t care that as a Miami fan and Panther fan you want to read into everything and hope he busts. He shouldn’t care. Jags fans are really happy because they know they’ve got him. I would be happy too. Our last great QB also didn’t care what people thought or he wouldn’t have dressed like he wanted or got pissed off at losing because OMG what would the reactionary fans think. Did it stop Newton from being an MVP and always competing? Sure as poo seems like you’d be implying that every second he spent on fashion and outside football interests means he wouldn’t put his body on the line.

Think whatever you want and read into little quotes how you want, you and the rest reactionary fans won’t have an impact on Lawrence’s success or failure. Neither will anything to do with this SI interview.

I genuinely don't give a fug how his football career or life pans out. What an odd statement. 

14 hours ago, Tbe said:

Wow...very interesting.

I get the feeling he and the Jags are not going to get along all that well.

I also see an early retirement in his future. Obviously not a dude that plays to 40.

Trevor ain't dumb. 

I do expect to see more Andrew Luck's, Luke Kuchley's, etc. as time goes on.   

I mean we all LOVE Thomas Davis.   A guy like him, hopefully not him though, could easily look back and regret not calling it a day years and years earlier than he did.    

5 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Anthony Edwards is killing it what are you talking about?

Im talking about his quotes right before the draft.....just like Sunshine quotes....not about his skill level/game. Look them up and tell me if that whats you want to hear form 1st overall pick. 

Also, in this interview, he was asked about being successful. He basically just said he will not judge his success in life based on football but by the husband and father he will be for his family. (He did just get married and it sounds like a bun is in the oven). He then said his football success he knows will be based on his wins so he'll start there. He'll work hard to win and to win a Super Bowl. Hopefully a few Super Bowls. Even in this answer the way he said it sounded like he knows what he supposed to say and he does actually want those things too but hints at there being something much more profound to it but he dares not even attempt to go there in today's lost culture. 

I personally thought his answers were great. We need more answers like that, not fewer. Everyone loves to say it's a business, he basically just said the same thing in a better way. He will not be defined by football. He loves the game but in the end it's just business now. The game is over. He's not a little boy anymore and he knows this. I even like the fact that he says he knows he will be judged on winning Super Bowls and it's true but hints that it's really something more than that. Somehow in these last years society has become superficial where we judge greatness based on a title. As if Joe Flacco is greater than Dan Marino because of a title. Elis is as great as Payton because of titles. We forget it's a team game. Hell Archie Manning may have been the best Manning and spent is whole career with the sorry Saints. But no title. 

I like seeing a young athlete with real values at such a young age that has the balls to basically say that football doesn't make me a great man but I will be a great man that plays football. That's what everyone should say each and every day whether it's football, and office, a factory or anything else and understanding that being a great man starts and ends with your family. 

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im talking about his quotes right before the draft.....just like Sunshine quotes....not about his skill level/game. Look them up and tell me if that whats you want to hear form 1st overall pick. 

I heard the quotes. But his results on the court after saying that is that he’s probably going to win rookie of the year. So what more do you want from the guy in year 1?

Higly coveted college quarterback projected number one overall talks about life after football before his name has been called in the draft and is praised for his values and no one questions what ill intentions may be hiding behind his smile. Trevor Lawrence is certainly blessed with something.

• Pie 1