• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predators @ Hurricanes 4/15-4/17

Harbingers

I hope Rod tells the boys to treat this upcoming road trip like the playoffs...no let downs, no sleepwalking.  Give it all you have and leave it on the ice.....

The Lightning may be 5-5 in their last 10, but their the defending champs and the media darlings.  I hope ESPN and the like keep taking the Canes for granted.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I hope Rod tells the boys to treat this upcoming road trip like the playoffs...no let downs, no sleepwalking.  Give it all you have and leave it on the ice.....

The Lightning may be 5-5 in their last 10, but their the defending champs and the media darlings.  I hope ESPN and the like keep taking the Canes for granted.

They won't play down to the Lightning, that I have no doubt of.

• Flames 2

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Missed the game due to work. How did Ned look? Stats indicate he was sharp.

Didn't get a lot of work in the 1st. But, he came through with some grade A saves when we needed him later in the game. 

The one goal was a little soft, and he almost let in another immediately after. It seemed like he got a bit complacent after a boring 20 minutes. 

After that he was money. Stayed at home and controlled the rebounds. 

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Missed the game due to work. How did Ned look? Stats indicate he was sharp.

Ned was on point. He did get one or two post assists. But he played solid throughout. The soft goal that everyone is blaming bean for is really a 50/50 on Ned in my opinion. Bean fugged it up originally and didn’t make the proper pass. He was gassed coming off a penalty kill(I think or a power play) one of the two. But Ned was out of position to make the save and left a wide open glove side on net.

After the goal it took Ned a dramatic fall on a puck that snuck through to get his zen back a minute or so later and was solid there after.

Paa and Slavin did save his ass a few times but it’s good to see our defense doing their job in back to back games. 

Ned was challenged both up close and from the blue line a lot last night and stood firm on both.

Bean has almost turned into a liability since Paa joined the roster but I think it’s cause he’s trying to emulate Paa when he should just be focusing on his style and letting the big Fin play rough. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ned was on point. He did get one or two post assists. But he played solid throughout. The soft goal that everyone is blaming bean for is really a 50/50 on Ned in my opinion. Bean fugged it up originally and didn’t make the proper pass. He was gassed coming off a penalty kill(I think or a power play) one of the two. But Ned was out of position to make the save and left a wide open glove side on net.

After the goal it took Ned a dramatic fall on a puck that snuck through to get his zen back a minute or so later and was solid there after.

Paa and Slavin did save his ass a few times but it’s good to see our defense doing their job in back to back games. 

Ned was challenged both up close and from the blue line a lot last night and stood firm on both.

Bean has almost turned into a liability since Paa joined the roster but I think it’s cause he’s trying to emulate Paa when he should just be focusing on his style and letting the big Fin play rough. 

Bean wants to get on the ice cream bandwagon..... "Vanilla Bean Supreme"  😂  Give me a triple scoop! 

• Beer 1