• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Pitts? Slater gone? Pene off the board?

That's okay. This is the guy the Panthers need to draft. 

I know this teams needs help in the T department but the current Corners that the Panthers have are....below average at best. 

Seeing how the board might shake up. I believe the 6'1 205 pound Horn can be that #1 CB we've been missing since Gamble and Bradberry left. At #8 some may think it's too high to take him, but unless there's a trade partner within the 11-15 mark, I don't think Horn will be there. Ideally, trading back just far enough to get him and assets would be phenomenal, but we'll have to wait and see. 

• Pie 6

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

That's okay. This is the guy the Panthers need to draft. 

I know this teams needs help in the T department but the current Corners that the Panthers have are....below average at best. 

Seeing how the board might shake up. I believe the 6'1 205 pound Horn can be that #1 CB we've been missing since Gamble and Bradberry left. At #8 some may think it's too high to take him, but unless there's a trade partner within the 11-15 mark, I don't think Horn will be there. Ideally, trading back just far enough to get him and assets would be phenomenal, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Would be an interesting decision for sure- with those guys off the board you’re either looking at a Qb that has dropped, or you’ve got your pick of the litter at WR. If you’ve got Fields there you take him 100%. If not then hopefully someone is willing to give us a kings ransom to move up for Lance, Chase, maybe even Jones. I’d prefer to trade back in that scenario and pick up someone like Parsons, who for some reason people have sliding. Dudes gonna be such a stud. But interior OL, LB, CB or even DT is on the table if we’re drafting in the 12-20 range. 

In this situation, I assume you basically throwing out the trade down a few a picks and we can still get this guy, what do you think? I mean, I'm like most around here, I'd like Slater or Pitts and if they were both gone I'd definitely be ok with trading down a few picks if it came with a nice haul if it meant we could still get someone like Horn. I think he's very good and it would be nice to have an elite corner if he does turn out to be that. I'm hoping this will be the highest pick we have earned in the draft for a long time so I just want it to be a great player that helps this team win for a long time. If we can do that with our first pick and perhaps get a couple of other good players too then sure, why not? 

8 minutes ago, MilkyCastles said:

If you’ve got Fields there you take him 100%. 

I totally disagree. HE and Lance are the 2 players that would give us the best haul in a trade back scenario. HE is the player the Pats might be willing to give up too much for making the risk of trading down to possibly get a player like Horn over a Slater or Waddle or Pitts even something to consider as it could bring not only another high pick this year but maybe a first next year too. He and Lance are what we are selling, not what we're buying. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MilkyCastles said:

I’d prefer to trade back in that scenario and pick up someone like Parsons, who for some reason people have sliding. Dudes gonna be such a stud. But interior OL, LB, CB or even DT is on the table if we’re drafting in the 12-20 range. 

I may be in the minority but Jeremiah  Owusu-Koramoah is my fav lb of the class. Probably because I would just LOVE to see the havoc of Shaq-Denzel-JOK with Chinn roaming behind them. I'm a fan of physicality...aggressive but not stupid physicality. Been missing that since TD and Mike Mitchell were on the field together. 

Parson however would be better in our scheme. His blitz ability and his run defense would mesh well. I do think he'll be highly effective wherever he lands. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I totally disagree. HE and Lance are the 2 players that would give us the best haul in a trade back scenario. HE is the player the Pats might be willing to give up too much for making the risk of trading down to possibly get a player like Horn over a Slater or Waddle or Pitts even something to consider as it could bring not only another high pick this year but maybe a first next year too. He and Lance are what we are selling, not what we're buying. 

I guess it depends on how you view Fields. I think fields is QB2 in this draft, think there’s 0% chance he makes it past SF. But agreed, if the Panthers don’t view him as such then for sure he would net us a future 1 at the very least. Gonna be a fun draft either way. Unlike most years you really can’t project much after pick 2. 

• Pie 2