• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Pitts? Slater gone? Pene off the board?

7 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yeah they always scare me first round same with QBs and LTs but also same as those, elite CBs are rarely found after the 1st. It's possible same as with QBs and LTs but rare compared to other positions. 

True, but teams don't necessarily need an elite CB to win a championship, just 2-3 good/solid ones. 

I don't know why everybody is so hard to trade down all of a sudden.  With the way this team is being built, this may very well be the last time we are picking in the top 10 in the draft for a long time.  We need to capitalize on this, and select the game breaking player who will assuredly be available to us at 8.  Grab our next CMC or Luke and call it good.  Don't get cute and trade back into the low teens or high 20's where the drop off is huge in this draft.  8 is sitting pretty, IMO this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't know why everybody is so hard to trade down all of a sudden.  With the way this team is being built, this may very well be the last time we are picking in the top 10 in the draft for a long time.  We need to capitalize on this, and select the game breaking player who will assuredly be available to us at 8. ....

I guess this really comes down to who is available. Do you take that Great Player if he's not a QB or Tackle? What is its a receiver (Chase)? Should we take a Great Player at a position we already have talent or Trade Back and maybe get a few decent starters at positions of Need?

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

I couldn't disagree more, outside of Pitts.

But its true.  Its widely accepted that the top 12-14 players in this particular draft are head and shoulders above the rest of the top rated talent, then you have pretty much similar rated players from 15 or so all the way to around 40-45.  Obviously its a crap shoot at the end of the day, but this seems to be the consensus that I have read from multiple sources.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Its widely accepted that the top 12-14 players in this particular draft are head and shoulders above the rest of the top rated talent

By who? I've seen Micah Parsons rated anywhere from #2 to #26 by so-called "experts." What about Mac Jones? Some rate him top 5, some rate him 2nd round. Then there's Trevon Moehrig. Some rate him top 10, some have him early 2nd.

There is loose consensus on about 5 players. After that, there's tons of disparity.