• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your tradeback partner and why?

TheBigKat

Chicago sitting at 20 knows they must get a QB

Pace and Nagy are on HOT SEATS

Trey Lance is sitting there at 8

Chicago sends

2021: 1st, 2nd

2022: 1st, 5th

Carolina sends:

2021: 1st

2022: 6th

Carolina gets ammo to make up for 2022 second rounder for Darnold and get a lineman like Slater at 20

• Pie 3

43 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

NE at 15th would be the lowest I’ll go. I will consider WFT if a good offer was there. Chicago at 20 would have to give me a king ransom for it to happen. I’m talking at least two 1st and two 2nd to even start the conversation. 

NE moving to 8 probably cost them their second rounder only.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Chicago sitting at 20 knows they must get a QB

Pace and Nagy are on HOT SEATS

Trey Lance is sitting there at 8

Chicago sends

2021: 1st, 2nd

2022: 1st, 5th

Carolina sends:

2021: 1st

2022: 6th

Carolina gets ammo to make up for 2022 second rounder for Darnold and get a lineman like Slater at 20

This is way too rich for Chicago to move up.  Jeez

Like 8 for 20 and they send us a second and third and something next year.  Maybe a 2.  At most.

Edited by Shocker

46 minutes ago, Shocker said:

NE moving to 8 probably cost them their second rounder only.

If it's during the draft and we're on the clock with Denver, Chicago, New England and Philly behind us, we would get more than a 2nd from New England. The extra pick may not come until next year though.  If Jones is on the board we could get more from NE I think though for sure.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panfanman said:

If it's during the draft and we're on the clock with Denver, Chicago, New England and Philly behind us, we would get more than a 2nd from New England. The extra pick may not come until next year though.  If Jones is on the board we could get more from NE I think though for sure.

Agree...just putting realistic expectations out here

1 hour ago, classics said:

So I'm new to all this and really don't get into all the trading what ifs, but if Lance is there at 8, wouldn't you at least think about taking him instead of trading - regardless of Darnold. 

Honestly, there is no real wrong answer.

We could trade back with NE or CHI, or we could grab Pitts, or Sewell, or Lance, or pretty much anything...

I think we are in a HELL of a good position no matter what road we take (unless its something drastic like moving up to #1 to draft a punter LOL) 

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

This is way too rich for Chicago to move up.  Jeez

Like 8 for 20 and they send us a second and third and something next year.  Maybe a 2.  At most.

Then you tell them to stick it and trade with someone else or get a real stud at 8.  We would hold the cards not them. We don't have to trade with anyone.

1 hour ago, classics said:

So I'm new to all this and really don't get into all the trading what ifs, but if Lance is there at 8, wouldn't you at least think about taking him instead of trading - regardless of Darnold. 

Why. He isn't a better athlete than Darnold and he is a project. Darnold is an experienced veteran who is eager to redeem himself. I didn't see signs he was David Carred or going to be a flop. He played hard and didn't give up despite no talent around him and a poor defense that gave up 29 points a game or 26  out of 32. Their offensive output was abysmal at 15 points a game the worse in the league.  He surely didn't look good but who would have? Who had a worse supporting cast than the Jets. Jacksonville maybe. 

I can see those that love Trevor or Wilson but Lance and Fields have question marks. They might be great but we can pick a tackle or corner who we know will be great as they might be the best player at their position and not the 4th or 5th best quarterback prospect.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, classics said:

You pass on Lance...he isn’t an NFL QB

• Pie 1