• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are You Really Against Fields or Lance if they fall to #8...

SetfreexX

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Curious why this is. What do you think is scaring people away from Fields?

Something to do with stuff at Georgia, he does have some processing issues, how he handles pressure, and his motion could be a little more compact. 

I personally don't understand it as I have him as a top 10 pick all day, but it doesn't seem like it will play out that way.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Got to a Superbowl, and had an OROY at the position, the issues were the fact that the management under that time frame was Hurney / Gettleman -- which was overseen by an owner that was forced to sell the team because he was a sexual predator. 

They WASTED Cam's and Luke's prime, and Gettleman's ego blew up a team that went to the playoffs in 2013, and again after a 2015 SB appearance. Ron and them trotted out Byron Bell, and DG drafted the likes of Vernon Butler, Kelvin Benjamin, etc while other options were available to stabilize the OL. For all the ''Hog Molly'' talk we didn't really do poo on the OL outside Turner, and Moton. 

Edmund Kugbila, Amini Silatolu, I can't even think of one LT drafted during Cam's time aside from Little, and we see how that's gone. This team was mismanaged top to bottom, EVEN when they had at least 2 HOF'ers on the roster, arguably three if you include Olsen, it was the biggest piece of inept work I've ever seen. 

And that is the only reason Ron has a job, Cam / Luke got him those COTY awards, we didn't develop anyone behind the starters so when injuries hit we failed. That was the achilles heel beyond shitty roster management, the blind favoritism to vets. 

All but four teams have gone to the Superbowl, so that's not a huge accomplishment. Winning it on the other hand is a huge accomplishment. Individual awards don't mean much when the team still posted a losing record that year.

I won't argue that the team was mismanaged back then. It's yet to be determined if that streak is going to continue or not.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He had the top Stength of Schedule of of these QBs and lower recruiting rankings than Clemson and Alabama these past two years. Lawrence with Clemson against the ACC would make up a huge talent difference. I guess some people just don’t like Fields so they make up nonsense stars to discredit him.

I don't like him but its for legitimate reasons. He can't read defenses. He often overthrows receivers. He completely crumbles when he gets under pressure in the pocket. 

21 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

If Fields falls he's going to get picked up by a good team while Zach Wilson melts down in NYC. Nobody brings up Wilson's similar struggles.

Yeah, people basically have tossed all Wilson's issues out the window.  Jump balls, poor decisions, seasons of meh play. And it's...did you see that angle he threw the ball!  Mahomes does weird stuff like that!!

Then when it comes to Fields it's like...  look I understand his team was ripped apart by COVID.  20 guys were out this week.  Everyone was out last week and they didn't play, practice and haven't been on a normal football schedule.  But I think it is really important we only talk about this game.  This is how we have to look at Fields. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

56 minutes ago, Verge said:

Something to do with stuff at Georgia, he does have some processing issues, how he handles pressure, and his motion could be a little more compact.

Haha nope, but it's an easy lazy take. He is the best passer in college looking after his first read, which has to do with processing. I'm not sure about his motion thing in what that's in reference to.

I've posted this link before. Fields has potential to be an elite QB.

https://sportsnaut.com/why-justin-fields-historic-test-score-is-a-big-deal/

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Haha nope, but it's an easy lazy take. He is the best passer in college looking after his first read, which has to do with processing. I'm not sure about his motion thing in what that's in reference to.

I've posted this link before. Fields has potential to be an elite QB.

https://sportsnaut.com/why-justin-fields-historic-test-score-is-a-big-deal/

They are talking about his throwing motion how his elbow rises above his wrist. I mean it’s really reaching and insanely coachable/correctable. He looked like he already corrected it during his second pro day. If he falls and we grab it it’s a win in my books.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Verge said:

I personally don't understand it as I have him as a top 10 pick all day, but it doesn't seem like it will play out that way.

For me its a little personal. One game he looks like hes challenging Sunshine for #1, the next game he looks like a different players and high priority UDFA. I personally hate those types. Plus as much as I try not to, .05% of the ranking is due to Dwayne haskins freshness...