• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd: Matt Kalil and Sam Darnold

15 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

I get that Ryan was not the same Ryan that you drafted, but wasn’t he a good player for you most of his career?  A good teammate and support your community?

He did something right, marrying a Song Girl, lol.  Seriously, did he do something really bad to the fans and franchise?

Cowherd said Matt and he meant Ryan.  Ryan was really good for us until the last couple of years when he was continuously battling injuries, however, Matt was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E for us in his brief stint here.  He was the turnstile that was being mentioned.  Actually, some fans hold a bit of a grudge against Ryan for lobbying so hard to get his brother signed here.  It was a massively bloated contract that hindered our cap for several years and Cam Newton was hit more than a speed bag in a boxing gym.  Ryan is cool with our fan base, but I doubt you can find one Panthers fan that has a positive view of Matt Kalil's time here in Carolina.

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's on the roster now so hopefully he works out. If he doesn't work out I just hope that he bombs HARD. We don't need 5 or 6 wins again. Go big or go home. Be the answer or be our Clausen 2.0. Anything in between would just plain suck.

This is exactly where I'm at right now.  Let's either be really bad and have high draft picks or really good playoff contender. I'm absolutely sick of the 5 and 6 win seasons. 

If you think about it if Kyle Allen doesn't go on a magic run early last season we might've got Burrow or Herbert . 

If we didn't stupidly sign teddy bridgewater and just simply started Grier we could've had Lawrence Wilson or Fields easily.

Those meaningless few wins on losing seasons don't do anything to help you 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

image.thumb.png.d794e86af72f3bdf7f222a4484ceca13.png

Seeing Brandon Beane in the top 5 of GM's that are drafting makes me die inside. fug JR, Bean would have been amazing here. Sigh. 

It wouldnt surprise me at all if it came out at some point that JR was suffering from some sort of dementia or something like that towards the end.  Dude completely went off the rails the last years of his ownership.   Lawsuits and jeans aside, the timing of firing DG, Morrison just abruptly leaving (which we still dont know why), hiring Hurndog back, promoting the cheerleader.  So many things  just made me scratch my head.

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Cowherd said Matt and he meant Ryan.  Ryan was really good for us until the last couple of years when he was continuously battling injuries, however, Matt was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E for us in his brief stint here.  He was the turnstile that was being mentioned.  Actually, some fans hold a bit of a grudge against Ryan for lobbying so hard to get his brother signed here.  It was a massively bloated contract that hindered our cap for several years and Cam Newton was hit more than a speed bag in a boxing gym.  Ryan is cool with our fan base, but I doubt you can find one Panthers fan that has a positive view of Matt Kalil's time here in Carolina.

It was one thing to suck like Matt did. It was expected. But he flat out QUIT because he got embarrassed in a preseason game. For knee soreness, allegedly. While Daryl Williams was trying to play through a legit injury and got hurt worse. 25M for ONE bottom tier LT play. Sort of like paying a backup QB 34M for ONE subpar season. 

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Sorry, got it.

You just never know with players in their transition to the NFL. Matt came to USC very highly rated, more so than Ryan - who was a three star.  Matt played so well for SC at LT, he beat out Tyron Smith.

Dallas’ Tyron Smith, who played RT for us.