• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think you have to take Field or you get a trade offer.  The scenario make no sense.  I don’t see Denver leaving him on the board either.  

NE could be our trade partner if Fields falls, but they might also trade with us if Chase falls. If Fields is there I think we'll at least see what the offers are for trades, but I think you have to take Fields. The possibility of him being our long term franchise QB is just too tempting even with good trade offers. Run to the podium and select Fields. If he busts, then so be it. We had to try. Darnold seems like more of a place holder like Teddy.

We're in such an irritating situation because had we just started Grier last season we'd be drafting Lawrence. Instead we're a little too low to get a QB worthwhile.

Sometimes I think Kiper just puts some players anywhere and tries to fit the others where he thinks they will land. This has to be the most joke of a job in America. Draft expert. Please.  He's been stealing money from ESPN for 30+ years. Crazy.

Slater remains a great option for the Panthers. He addresses perhaps their biggest need at left tackle and he’d likely be one of the best available players.

Slater is an immediate starter and one of the more sure players in the draft. If the Panthers can trade back a few positions and still get him that would be great, if not, by all means, select him at # 8.
  • Pie 2
2 hours ago, irrevalentfalconsfan said:

Also said Julio wouldn't be good and dropped too many passes. I'm sure you remember the first half of week 8, where he had 82 total yards compared to the Panther's 40-something.

Julio does drop passes.  But he catches way more than he drops.  Therefore he turns out to be a rare talent.  I personally think the ineptitude has helped feed armchair gms like me to have hope.  It's silly to think that these guys have more knowledge than those select few that are paid to select athletes for multi-million dollar franchises.  The mcshays, kipers and dozens of other "draft experts" have more sway and influence but it still equals to 2cents in grand scheme 

Edited by mickeye76

Mel is drafting players according to HIS* ratings. his big board. Hes lower on Slater and higher on smith than some. so it makes sense. People bashing him and praising mayock...hows that mayock gming job going?

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Mel is drafting players according to HIS* ratings. his big board. Hes lower on Slater and higher on smith than some. so it makes sense. People bashing him and praising mayock...hows that mayock gming job going?

Not Good. But Ive heard over and over, Chucky runs the whole show there. He hates...HATES rookies and only wants vets. Be nice to see Mike on a different team with real GM powers. 

7 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

8. DeVonta Smith

39. Landon Dickerson 

I wouldn’t be mad at all. Smith is an immediate upgrade over Curtis. Give Darnold all the weapons and see what he can do. 

I want a million QBs to go in the top 7 and we get Chase, Pitts, or Sewell.

• Beer 1
7 hours ago, NAS said:

He needs an oline first

I believe if Sewell is gone then there isn’t much of a gap between Slater and all the other o-line guys..perhaps hit o-line in 2nd round...

Edited by ncstatekwi