Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Indeed. Personally I think the 49ers go with Fields so let's assume Lawrence, Wilson, Fields.......

ATL - Kyle Pitts

CIN - Ja'Marr Chase 

MIA - DaVonta Smith

DET - Could go with Waddle or Sewell here 

No. They're taking Mac Jones. Don't buy the smoke. 49ers are playing the rest of the league to keep teams from setting plans with Atlanta at #4 before the draft. 

 

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones are basically set in stone. The Falcons are probably taking Pitts. Cincinnati is insanely taking Chase rather than a tackle.

Miami's pick is interesting. It seems like they traded up figuring they would have at least one of Pitts or Chase at 6, but it is trending towards neither being available unless Atlanta trades down. The question then is, does Miami reach for one of the other WRs? Do they try to find a trade down partner? Do they take a tackle? If they take a tackle, I think it will be Slater. He's a better fit for them because they already have two young tackles in Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt. You can imagine Slater inside more than Sewell, and maybe Slater pushes Hunt or Jackson inside if that's the best fit. Either way, Slater gives them insurance across the OL that Sewell wouldn't necessarily offer. 

I don't think Detroit is taking Sewell. I think they'd love to trade down at 7 if it plays out like this because Lance, Fields, and Sewell are all on the board. You have to figure there would be a good bidding war for the pick. Sewell doesn't really seem like a fit with Dan Campbell. Don't forget they just gave Taylor Decker a huge contract to lock him in at LT. I think if they are taking OL, they will trade down and target someone like Teven Jenkins later on. 

If Sewell falls to 8, which seemed unfathomable weeks ago, Carolina should be sprinting to the podium. Doesn't matter what the offer is to trade down. Nothing is going to equal the impact they'll get from Sewell. If he's not there, then you have to look at a trade down with one of the QB-needy teams or possibly someone looking to move up for one of the Alabama WRs. 

Edited by Smittymoose
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

No. They're taking Mac Jones. Don't buy the smoke. 49ers are playing the rest of the league to keep teams from setting plans with Atlanta at #4 before the draft. 

 

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones are basically set in stone. The Falcons are probably taking Pitts. Cincinnati is insanely taking Chase rather than a tackle.

Miami's pick is interesting. It seems like they traded up figuring they would have at least one of Pitts or Chase at 6, but it is trending towards neither being available unless Atlanta trades down. The question then is, does Miami reach for one of the other WRs? Do they try to find a trade down partner? Do they take a tackle? If they take a tackle, I think it will be Slater. He's a better fit for them because they already have two young tackles in Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt. You can imagine Slater inside more than Sewell, and maybe Slater pushes Hunt or Jackson inside if that's the best fit. Either way, Slater gives them insurance across the OL that Sewell wouldn't necessarily offer. 

I don't think Detroit is taking Sewell. I think they'd love to trade down at 7 if it plays out like this because Lance, Fields, and Sewell are all on the board. You have to figure there would be a good bidding war for the pick. Sewell doesn't really seem like a fit with Dan Campbell. I think if they are taking OL, they will trade down and target someone like Teven Jenkins later on. 

If Sewell falls to 8, which seemed unfathomable weeks ago, Carolina should be sprinting to the podium. Doesn't matter what the offer is to trade down. Nothing is going to equal the impact they'll get from Sewell. If he's not there, then you have to look at a trade down with one of the QB-needy teams or possibly someone looking to move up for one of the Alabama WRs. 

Assuming we trade down I could see the Patriots, Washington, and the Eagles as realistic trade partners. Philly would like one of the big 3 WR and I believe have the most picks of any team this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Assuming we trade down I could see the Patriots, Washington, and the Eagles as realistic trade partners. Philly would like one of the big 3 WR and I believe have the most picks of any team this year. 

I don't really see it with Philly. For one, I think that at least one of Waddle or Smith is available to them at 12. If they're both there at 8, who's taking one between 9 and 12? Maybe NYG. Supposedly they love Smith. I can't see Denver or Dallas taking one, so it would have to be a trade up. It is hard for me to imagine a big trade up the board with so many WRs grouped in that late 1st-early 2nd range. And if Philly is trading up with Carolina, they're probably not giving up more than a 3rd to do it. Is that really even worth it if you're Carolina? 

I can definitely see New England and especially Washington if they like a QB. They'll want to jump to get ahead of Denver. Supposedly Washington loves Lance, and Rivera hasn't exactly denied it. I think it's extremely realistic that WFT would make a big offer to Carolina there. I am skeptical about BB paying the price to trade up, but maybe he's 100% sold on Fields. With WFT, the relationship between Hurney and Rhule will be there to hammer out a deal quickly if both sides want it to happen. Wouldn't be surprising if ultimately the two sides have already the framework of a potential deal frankly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
 
Based on what I hear.
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. M.Jones
4. Lance
5. Chase
6. Pitts

If indeed that order played out it would give us  choice of drafting one of the following high ranked draftees,minus one that Detroit would select. Even in a trade back sceniro we would still have a good group to chose from.  QB Justin Fields, OT Penei Sewell, OT Rashawn Slater, OT Christian Darrisaw, CB Patrick Surtain ll, CB Caleb Farley, CB  Jaycee Horn, WR Devonta Smith, WR Jaylon Waddle,  LB Micah Parsons, DE  Gregory Rousseau, DE Kwity Paye.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

If indeed that order played out it would give us  choice of drafting one of the following high ranked draftees,minus one that Detroit would select. Even in a trade back sceniro we would still have a good group to chose from.  QB Justin Fields, OT Penei Sewell, OT Rashawn Slater, OT Christian Darrisaw, CB Patrick Surtain ll, CB Caleb Farley, CB  Jaycee Horn, WR Devonta Smith, WR Jaylon Waddle,  LB Micah Parsons, DE  Gregory Rousseau, DE Kwity Paye.

I'll be surprised if Rousseau is a first round pick. Farley might not be one either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I don't really see it with Philly. For one, I think that at least one of Waddle or Smith is available to them at 12. If they're both there at 8, who's taking one between 9 and 12? Maybe NYG. Supposedly they love Smith. I can't see Denver or Dallas taking one, so it would have to be a trade up. It is hard for me to imagine a big trade up the board with so many WRs grouped in that late 1st-early 2nd range. And if Philly is trading up with Carolina, they're probably not giving up more than a 3rd to do it. Is that really even worth it if you're Carolina? 

I can definitely see New England and especially Washington if they like a QB. They'll want to jump to get ahead of Denver. Supposedly Washington loves Lance, and Rivera hasn't exactly denied it. I think it's extremely realistic that WFT would make a big offer to Carolina there. I am skeptical about BB paying the price to trade up, but maybe he's 100% sold on Fields. With WFT, the relationship between Hurney and Rhule will be there to hammer out a deal quickly if both sides want it to happen. Wouldn't be surprising if ultimately the two sides have already the framework of a potential deal frankly. 

That's a steep drop from 8 to 19. There would have to be a group of players we like in order for Fitterer to pull the trigger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

That's a steep drop from 8 to 19. There would have to be a group of players we like in order for Fitterer to pull the trigger. 

There will be. Beyond Pitts, Chase, Sewell, and maybe Slater, the non-QB talent in this draft is pretty interchangeable between Carolina's pick and roughly 20-25. It would be worth picking up 2-3 additional picks Round 1-3 between this year and next. WFT would have to start with a future first and add to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Indeed. Personally I think the 49ers go with Fields so let's assume Lawrence, Wilson, Fields.......

ATL - Kyle Pitts

CIN - Ja'Marr Chase 

MIA - DaVonta Smith

DET - Could go with Waddle or Sewell here 

That would be awesome to have Burrow united with Chase along with Tua and Smith. If this happens and DET goes Waddle I hope we grab Sewell. If they grab Sewell we have a decision to make between Waddle, Slater, Lance, and Mac.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I thought he brought Mayock on because of his draft scouting ability and he is the GM. A lot of their picks look like mayock picks Farrell for instance....super bust...

They brought in Mike to have a ying to Chucks' yang. Problem is it never yinged..... Chucky has a super ego and super hard-headed, it doent work that way.  Hes Jeff fisher if Jeff got that one yard in the SB. Just a 7-9 coach blaming rookies and his 13rd pick for QB. Offensive "genius" thats always in mid-late ranking an d can not go anywhere without #1 D to carry.

Heres a old news piece, its gotten waaay worst in control terms in recent years. Chucky has ran every draft for what I heard too. He a tough tough boss to have and hes in FULL contol of everything. 

 https://www.nfl.com/news/mayock-jon-gruden-has-final-say-on-raiders-roster-0ap3000001008945

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Ruggs the jury is still out on.... like he was hurt alot... jacobs was as advertised.. he picked farrell over a lot of good edge rushers burns included.... But like i aways say stats can be manufactured if your surrounded by talent like that d line had. he had very average combine numbers and it shows. the huddle was crazy over farrell

I heard they picked Farrell mainly cause Chucky thought he would behave in Vegas given his rep and military up-bring. Hes played VERY poorly for a 4th overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Profootballnetwork's mock draft: 

Carolina Panthers Post-Free Agency 7-Round Mock Draft

  • Round 1, Pick 8: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
  • Round 2, Pick 39: Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
  • Round 3, Pick 73: Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
  • Round 4, Pick 113: Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota
  • Round 5, Pick 151: Kenny Yeboah, TE, Mississippi
  • Round 6, Pick 193: Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati
  • Round 6, Pick 222: Austin Watkins Jr., WR, UAB

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/panthers-mock-draft-2021-pre-draft/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...