• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MHS's RESEARCHED, HANDMADE Draft Prediction

MHS831

You will laugh, you will cry.  You will call a friend to spread the news.  But MHS has figured it out.  He's in the know, even when referring to himself in 3rd person and using a fake name.

Picks 3-5 tell the story of this draft, so I did some research on those message boards to see what is trending.  Here is what I know:

Everyone is projecting Fields to SF, it seems, but Jones is going to SF (I am about 75% sure, so bet the mortgage on that baby)

Atlanta really likes Pitts and will do what they can to take him, yet they want a QB and want to trade back as well.  So how do you trade back, get a QB, and draft Pitts?  I show you how they will do it.  (Spoiler Alert:  They trade back with Denver to 9 so the Broncos can get Fields, then back up with Detroit at 7).

Cincinnati is going Chase, WR, and they will count on the OT depth to get the T they need after they get the player their QB wants. 

Remember, the WFT wants a QB and they have a coach who won every other year with a franchise QB--so he will be begging for a QB.  Lance, the man they love, is the next QB available, and they gotta move after Atlanta deals with Denver.  Hurney does what his coach says.  They will pounce.  I show you how. (hint:  Dolphins keep acquiring draft capital).

Detroit is desperate for a WR, and Goff needs a target.  They love Waddle, and with Chase gone, they can move back to 9 and get Waddle, Smith Jr, or a T at 9 while adding a third rounder.  They do it, leaving Sewell on the table for the Panthers.

SECOND ROUND:  This pick may startle some of you into gasping.  Some may frolic.  Others may puff into a paper bag.  I have not read any mentioning of this weapon, but if you want that slot WR, he would be a good un.

THIRD ROUND:  A CB with Size and a lot of upside, Rhule got to see him at the SR Bowl.  Think about Evans and Jones--the big WRs we can't stop.  Now we can.

BALLSY PICKS:  New England takes QB Kellen Mond at 15.  Green Bay takes CB Asante Samuel Jr at 29. Falcons take QB Davis Mills in second round at 35.

#

Team

Draft Pick

COMMENTS

Jaguars

Trevor Lawrence QB, Clemson

Yawn. 

Jets

Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

Yawn.

49ers

Mac Jones, QB Alabama

That’s right.  Not a misprint

TRADE:

Broncos (from Atlanta)

Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

Broncos have been quiet about Lock, for a good reason:  Trade 1st, 3rd, and 2022 1st  for #4 overall.

Bengals

Ja’Marr Chase, WR LSU

Tackles in second; QB wish granted

TRADE:

WFT (from Miami)

Trey Lance, QB NDSU

WFT moves up for the QB of the future.  Trades 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 2022 1st and 4th to Miami for #6.

TRADE: Falcons (from Detroit)

Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

Atlanta jumps back up to get TE Pitts before TE-needy Carolina.  Trades the 3rd rounder the got from Denver to move up from #9 to #7.

Panthers

Penei Sewell, OT Oregon

5 QBs taken before them helps Panthers land their LT.

Lions

Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama

Lions move back 2 spots and land that WR they need.

TRADE: Chargers (from Dallas)

Rashawn Slater, OT Northwestern

Chargers feared the Giants might want Slater-Trade 3rd in 2021 and 4th in 2022.

Giants

Christian Darrisaw, OT Va Tech

Hog Mollie  4 GMen

Eagles

Patrick Surtain III, CB Alabama

Dallas wanted him

Cowboys (from LAC)

Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina

Horn is a solid CB

Vikings

Kity Paye, Edge, Michigan

Edge was #1 need

Patriots

Kellen Mond, QB Texas A&M

Shocked?  I am not.  Do your homework.

Cardinals

DeVonta Smith, WR Alabama

BPA and a need- Smith falls

Raiders

Micah Parsons, MLB, Penn State

Mayock gets a gift

Dolphins

Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia

Need pick

Dolphins (from WFT)

Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Best RB in draft to help Tua

Bears

Caleb Farley, CB Va Tech

No QB or T here.  Farley best value.

Colts

Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G USC

Need OL

Titans

Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota

WR a need

Jets

Greg Newsome, CB Northwestern

A little help for the terrible Jets secondary

Steelers

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB Notre Dame

Not a primary need, but Steelers always need LBs

Jaguars

Trevon Moehrig, S TCU

Takes best S in weak group

Browns

Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

Browns fill a huge void with best DT

Ravens

Joseph Ossai, Edge Texas

Edge is Ravens’ biggest need

Saints

Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa

One of the biggest freaks in the draft

Packers

Asante Samuel Jr., CB, FSU

Samuel has been rumored to go in the 1st, and GB needs a CB.

Bills

Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami

Hughes needs some help.

Chiefs

Terrance Mitchell, WR LSU

WR and OL help a must

Buccaneers

Elijah Moore, WR Ole Miss

With no new starters needed maybe a new wrinkle.

Jaguars

Tevin Jenkins, OT Oklahoma St.

QB in round 1, OT in round 2

Jets

Jaelen Phillips, Edge Miami

Big need in NY—like most positions.

Falcons

Davis Mills, QB, Stanford

QB to develop behind Ryan for a while

Dolphins

Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue

Much needed pass catcher for Tua

Eagles

Pat Freiermuth, TE Penn St.

All around TE to help Hurt develop

Bengals

Alex Leatherwood, OT Alabama

Burrow gets his T and his WR

Panthers

Kadarius Toney, WR Florida

Returner, Slot WR, reverse runner, weapon

3rd Rd.

Panthers

Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

CB over 6-3 can matchup with the big WRs in the division.  SR Bowl standout. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

I like the first two picks a lot. Sad Moore goes a few picks earlier, but Toney is intriguing too. I'm all about giving Darnold everything he needs to succeed.

In this case, awesome left and right tackles in Sewell and Moton, an All Pro RB who can catch out of the backfield, and 3 solid receivers. That's how you give a QB a chance to grow.

If Sewell is gone, I almost lean towards Waddle then grabbing your lineman in the second, but I would be thrilled if the draft looked like this before going into the third day.

Edited by Jaxel

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Wouldn't be mad, but I think we'll grab more OL in the second round. There's a Wisconsin Div 3 Sasquatch that we should pick up for LG/C.

Dude's stock has gone through the roof!  Do not be shocked when he comes off the board before the end of round 2.  Crazy that he was a no-name D-III OG and likely going undrafted to a possible top 50 pick.   That Senior Bowl invite turned his world around.  I'm not sure if you know but he was not originally invited; he was a late fill-in for an injured player.  I can't remember who that player was, but Mienerz needs to pass that dude some 'thank you' money or send him on a nice vacation once he signs that rookie deal!

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I would be furious with that Draft as a Panthers fan.

Why would the Dolphins trade back to #7 only to trade out of it again? 

Listen buddy, I was in the zone!  I can't explain it.  It is like being possessed!
(I was predicting, not GMing---would miami move back if they saw Jones go to SF and a trade up with Atlanta and then Chase going Bengals?  maybe.  Its fluid and complicated. 

I was just trying to put together what fans were saying on different boards and needs assessments---and I wanted to engineer some trades.

I am SO waiting for your mock, Old Ham.!!     🕵️‍♂️

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Listen buddy, I was in the zone!  I can't explain it.  It is like being possessed!
(I was predicting, not GMing---would miami move back if they saw Jones go to SF and a trade up with Atlanta and then Chase going Bengals?  maybe.  Its fluid and complicated. 

I was just trying to put together what fans were saying on different boards and needs assessments---and I wanted to engineer some trades.

I am SO waiting for your mock, Old Ham.!!     🕵️‍♂️

The Dolphins are clearly targeting someone with that pick.

You won't be getting a mock from me - I haven't had the time this year to research the Draft thoroughly enough.

I'd be furious that other teams are getting a bevvy of picks and we'd miss out. I'd also be furious with one-season-wonder Toney.

Sewell and Toney would make our offense great! (IF Darnold works out, but that’s a different conversation)

Sewell, Elf, Paradis, Miller, Moton blocking for Sammy D and CMC with Arnold, Toney, Deej Moore, and Anderson catching calls would be very fun to watch!