• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding fifth year options

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, KSpan said:

Honest question - can you name 10-15 receivers you'd rather have/think are notably better than DJ Moore going into 2021? I'd personally put Adams, Hopkins, Julio (though he's on the backside of his career, even if only slightly), and Evans as locks and Hill, Michael Thomas, Diggs, Robinson, Godwin, Thielen, and maybe even Kupp and Woods as arguable/in the same tier where they might do one or two things better but not everything across the board. Of those guys though all of them are older than DJ.

I'll also note that the $11MM number is right around what Samuel and Agholor are averaging per year and just above what Boyd, Fuller, and Shepard are making. Any of those guys on your list?

Davante Adams, Justin Jefferson, Nuk Hopkins, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson. Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen and Tyreek Hill. There may be a few others that I might consider in his same tier who may end up better or worse. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Davante Adams, Justin Jefferson, Nuk Hopkins, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson. Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen and Tyreek Hill. There may be a few others that I might consider in his same tier who may end up better or worse. 

To go along with your list of receivers you might as well add the quarterbacks who were throwing to them.

Aaron Rodgers

Kirk Cousins

Kyler Murray

Matt Ryan

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Dak Prescott

Patrick Mahomes

Justin Herbert

Josh Allen

Russell Wilson

It's almost as if talented receivers thrive when they have franchise quarterbacks to pair with. Strange huh?

Edited by frankw
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

Moore played with Allen in 2019, when his was lower than Dalton 2020. We all also saw what Teddy did this year regardless of his QB rating, and had he actually hit DJ in stride a few times he short-armed him (or missed him being wide open) DJ's numbers sure would look better.

I'm still not following your argument here.

Allen's 80 rating to Dalton's 82 is virtually identical. The difference, TD's. Which could have something to do with having a #1 wr who is allergic to the endzone. 

5 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

No he's not. And that is saying a lot.

In his best season to date and five years younger Teddy threw one more touchdown than an aging Andy Dalton at the tail end of his career. At best you could call it a push and that would be honestly generous.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

In his best season to date and five years younger Teddy threw one more touchdown than an aging Andy Dalton at the tail end of his career. At best you could call it a push and that would be honestly generous.

For their careers, Teddy has a higher completion%, higher qb rating, lower INT/g and more Y/A! (lmao) In the playoffs, Teddy has almost 40pts on Dalton's rating.

Fumbles and Rushing yds are virtually identical. Dalton does have more TDs.

source

Edited by Stumpy
A push would be generous to Dalton

38 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Allen's 80 rating to Dalton's 82 is virtually identical. The difference, TD's. Which could have something to do with having a #1 wr who is allergic to the endzone. 

Don't move the goalposts. You made the statement, not me.

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Don't move the goalposts. You made the statement, not me.

I was asked to name 15 better WRs, I did.

Then people cried that no has ever had to deal with what DJ has.

So I pointed out that Cooper and McLaurin both had qb situations that were as bad or worse.

"Well, technically Andy Dalton was 0.5% better than Kyle Allen!"

I know it's hard for you to follow things,  so maybe you didn't see the goalposts flying by you the entire thread. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Ah yes you are struggling to show Moore is overrated so you try to say Dalton is better than former NFL MVP Cam. Brilliant!

No I'm saying he was drafted specifically because he was not former NFL MVP Cam Newton. If he was drafted for his skillset he would have never gone in the first round. 

17 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I was asked to name 15 better WRs, I did.

Then people cried that no has ever had to deal with what DJ has.

So I pointed out that Cooper and McLaurin both had qb situations that were as bad or worse.

"Well, technically Andy Dalton was 0.5% better than Kyle Allen!"

I know it's hard for you to follow things,  so maybe you didn't see the goalposts flying by you the entire thread. 

You're the one who made the claim, not me, and I've not said anything about your QB/WR list or anyone else's. Nor did I say anything about QB situation other than to comment on the comparison that you yourself made and say they both sucked. What are you even on about?

Edited by KSpan