• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Case Pick in 2nd?

RenoCarolina

I am not a big draft geek but I do start paying attention this time of year.  I think I am up to date on our first round pick in that it is totally up in the air.  We could pick BPA or trade back.  Thursday after next is going to be a good night.

But in looking at some of the picks that could be available to us the next night at 39, is Pat Freiermuth, Penn St TE too early?  I saw his highlights and loved how he shined.  I am assuming Pitts will be gone at 8 and I hope we get OL in first so I see second round as CB (Kelvin Joseph?)  Best way to improve our pass rush is adding competent cover corners but still jonesing for Freiermuth. 

Would love to hear about other 2nd round targets.

• Pie 4

Depends on where we go at 8 or in the first in general with a trade back possibly but I’m a big fan of the 2nd tier OL 

Alex Leatherwood OL Alabama brings versatility, could play tackle or guard. 

Dillon Radunz OT NDSU another second round tackle who could be a steal 

Richie Grant safety UCf Rhule raves about this kid at the senior bowl and fills a position of need

I would love any of these guys at 39. 

• Pie 4

I'd love for Asante Samuel Jr to be there but I doubt it 

I'm hoping we see a good bit of progress from Pride Jr TBH. I think with a little seasoning he could be average to good for us. But I do want some actual corner depth for sure, or if another good OL is there I say jump on that ish 

• Pie 3

They did a good job in the offseason setting up for the draft so it could go alot of ways in that top 50. GM said OL, DL and CB are priorities so focus is there.

S - Moehrig, Grant

CB - Newsome, Stokes, Samuel Jr.

DT - Onwuzurike, Baremore

OL - Dickerson, Radunz, Eichenburg, Humphrey

Edited by Untouchable
  • Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

Depends on where we go at 8 or in the first in general with a trade back possibly but I’m a big fan of the 2nd tier OL 

Alex Leatherwood OL Alabama brings versatility, could play tackle or guard. 

Dillon Radunz OT NDSU another second round tackle who could be a steal 

Richie Grant safety UCf Rhule raves about this kid at the senior bowl and fills a position of need

I would love any of these guys at 39. 

All 3 of these, or Freiermuth would be good at 39, IMO. Obviously, depending on what we do in the 1st rd. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They did a good job in the offseason setting up for the draft so it could go alot of ways in that top 50. GM said OL, DL and CB are priorities so focus is there.

S - Moehrig, Grant

CB - Newsome, Stokes, Samuel Jr.

DT - Onwuzurike, Baremore

OL - Dickerson, Radunz, Eichenburg, Humphrey

Good list there! 

moehrig is steadily rising, some think he doesn’t make it out of the first anymore. 

the only OL I’m not thrilled about is Dickerson, I’m just really really frightened by the list of injuries he complied in college But if he could remain healthy I think that’s a starting guard and eventual Paradis replacement 

If we do not pick a LT at 8 I think we need to at 39. Radunz is a good option. I would not complain about Leatherwood or Eichenberg either. There is a pretty good T at Oklahoma that good be an option but I think he has played a lot on the right recently.

If we get a LT in round 1 then we could go a lot of different ways in R2- Safety (T. Moehrig if he falls or J. Holland) or another good O lineman (L. Dickenson, Davis, maybe Humphrey) would be my top options. I'd like a TE too, but besides Pitts, I am not sure there's another TE I'd pick before R3 (just my Opinion).

• Pie 1