• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlando Brown Jr on the block

Leotiger

Brought this topic up awhile back... but with the tv deal exploding. And the amount of cap we will have in the near future... I think it’s a no brainer to get this guy in at LT ..... He played there at a all pro level last year... I think this years 2nd will get him .. but be prepared to make him one or the higher paid LT in the league ... I say do it .... what say you ? 

E82E56DD-77F1-471F-B820-7A8FF19B4F1F.jpeg

557571D4-3BA4-46BC-AA30-69A9C591779B.jpeg

There’s a young established franchise tackle from a Hof pedigree at the postion.. 

the money I understand but who cares the cap will be exploding for the next few seasons.. lock him now long term.. the rookie are unproven not saying they will be bust.. but this kid is proven!!! 

Hard Hard pass.

He is in a contract year and wants to be paid.  Thus the reason you see him being very Vocal about wanting to play LT this year.  Which happens to be his contract year.

0.00000000% chance we are going to pay Brown AND Moton.  So you going to throw a high 2nd rd pick on a 1 year rental with a team where you are trying to rebuild? 

Plus, he has only played half a season at LT.  To risky.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

25 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hard Hard pass.

He is in a contract year and wants to be paid.  Thus the reason you see him being very Vocal about wanting to play LT this year.  Which happens to be his contract year.

0.00000000% chance we are going to pay Brown AND Moton.  So you going to throw a high 2nd rd pick on a 1 year rental with a team where you are trying to rebuild? 

Plus, he has only played half a season at LT.  To risky.  

obviously my intentions is that we would pay him. And with the cap number exploding we have the money Atleast for a few years... I think you should give him the contract amount he is looking for but with voidable options after year 2 

also wants wrong with paying 2 OT’s ? If anything I want our oline stacked up ... “build the wall and championships will follow” - Jimmie Johnson 

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

A team with many areas of need shouldn't be committing a significant portion of its cap to a position it can easily address in the upcoming draft.

What’s significant to the cap to you ?.. cap room is there .. this is a known young franchise tackle ... sure he only played LT for half a year and did well and also has play rt for high level before that .. what player in the draft has done that ? Also it’s 2 guys not 1 hopefully locked up long term at tackles ...: give sam a vet not a rookie that has to learn the ropes ... sam might not have time for that ... 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

If we didn’t trade for Darnold and a QB fell to us I’d be all for it. A rookie QB contract would negate two high contract tackles 

Look at the tv deal ... if players get 49 percent or whatever... cap space is not an issue for awhile .. and how much does the highest tackle get ? 15-18 per .... plus after year 2 we can cut bait .. (if we have voidable years after year 2) 

Greg little was a 2nd round pick how he doing ? Nothing is guaranteed but too be scared about paying a lot for established talent for postion of high value that makes everyone better ... because a rookie might figure it out... I thought Tepper and fans are here to win championships ... and I know some are convinced that cap salary doesn’t really existed haha