• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlando Brown Jr on the block

Leotiger

You cannot, CAN NOT, pay two tackles.  One of them needs to be on a rookie or cheap vet deal.  We're paying Moton.  Great.  Draft a tackle.  For the four years (or five if first round) this rookie is on his rookie deal, we are paying Moton.  When the rookie comes due, Moton should be ending and we either bring Moton back to finish his career on a friendly deal or we can draft another tackle and let him walk.

This isn't hard.

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, catnip said:

How about NO 

I don’t think they can afford him either

jk

but the point I hear from the OP is that A) the reason you can’t pay two tackles is due to cap.  B) the cap is getting ready to explode so, C)  there are new rules in this house. You “can” pay 2 tackles in 2022 so use 8 at another position and build a dominant line. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

I don’t think they can afford him either

jk

but the point I hear from the OP is that A) the reason you can’t pay two tackles is due to cap.  B) the cap is getting ready to explode so, C)  there are new rules in this house. You “can” pay 2 tackles in 2022 so use 8 at another position and build a dominant 

While our cap "explodes" so does everyone elses and the actual good (the OT in this case) is still scarce. So this would just lead to higher priced OTs. Its not just the Panthers cap space in a vaccum. 

Edited by Panthero

11 hours ago, BrianS said:

You cannot, CAN NOT, pay two tackles.  One of them needs to be on a rookie or cheap vet deal.  We're paying Moton.  Great.  Draft a tackle.  For the four years (or five if first round) this rookie is on his rookie deal, we are paying Moton.  When the rookie comes due, Moton should be ending and we either bring Moton back to finish his career on a friendly deal or we can draft another tackle and let him walk.

This isn't hard.

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, BrianS said:

This isn't hard.

In theory it’s not hard,

we are in a new age of cap space. It will take acouple years for the players pay to catch up with the fast rising cap ... eventually the player pay will catch up with the cap.. 

Tepper said he is willing to open up the check book ... how do the Saints always sign players when there cap space is negative.. sam has been running for his life ... get him a Pitts/chase and trade for brown (2nd and maybe 3rd ) 

not everyday a young tackle available... it’s worth exploring.. again cap is not the big deal it used to be and if it was...

most important piece is the QB. The most important to the QB is his Oline. When the QB is in a clean pocket .. he can light up his offense weapons and control clock ... that will keep the defense fresh to go out and run hard all game. 

I get it we can’t pay 2 OT top dollar .. but for the next few years player pay will be chasing the cap !!!!!! Tepper message me 

15 hours ago, Leotiger said:

What’s significant to the cap to you ?.. cap room is there .. this is a known young franchise tackle ... sure he only played LT for half a year and did well and also has play rt for high level before that .. what player in the draft has done that ? Also it’s 2 guys not 1 hopefully locked up long term at tackles ...: give sam a vet not a rookie that has to learn the ropes ... sam might not have time for that ... 

giphy.gif

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1