• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

Very few people are proudly and consciously racist. Most will tell you they can't be racist because they get along with that one person at work or because of some guy their cousin married or something. It's more complex then just hating every individual of a certain skin tone.

• Pie 2

Charlie Campbell:

Darnold landing with the Carolina Panthers came in part because the team believed the quarterbacks they liked would be off the board. Those signal-callers are Zach Wilson and, to a lesser extent, Justin Fields. The Panthers knew Wilson was a lock to go in the top three after the San Francisco trade, and many assumed Fields would go third overall or would not make it to their pick at No. 8.

Sources say Carolina does not like Trey Lance and does not feel he is a good fit for Joe Brady's offense. They also don't believe Mac Jones has the skill set to justify being a high first-round pick. There is some debate in the building about Justin Fields, with some liking him and others being skeptical. Those feelings about the different quarterbacks led to the trade with the Jets, and with Darnold in the fold, the Panthers are likely to target a cornerback or left tackle at No. 8, provided they do not trade down.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I was reading somewhere (I'll try to find the link) that his injury involves nerve damage, numbness, and could possibly recur. That just seems radioactive to me, wouldn't touch him in this first but hope he recovers and pans out bc his talent is thru the roof 

Backs typically don't get much better, you just have to learn to deal with it.

If he fell to the 2nd, I would consider him, especially if we go OT at 8, however not in the 1st, just too risky.

17 game schedule with the physicality in the NFL?  Yea, that's gonna be tough.

Hate it for him, hurt it originally doing a dead lift IIRC.

Just now, thefuzz said:

If he fell to the 2nd, I would consider him, especially if we go OT at 8, however not in the 1st, just too risky.

Lifting weights? That blows

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Back pain is a b-tch for football players, or pretty much any athlete for that matter.

That's what ended Charles Haley's career, as I recall.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Back pain is a b-tch for football players, or pretty much any athlete for that matter.

That's what ended Charles Haley's career, as I recall.

I was finally able to snow ski again for the first time in 5+ years because of mine, was a relief and the entire time I was scared.

Had to give up a LOT to be able to deal with the pain on a daily basis...about to start surfing again as well...can't wait.

No more volleyball, wake boarding or water skiing, hell, I'm careful when I sneeze.  I know they have better facilities than me (drugs and Dr.s who may or may not have the players health in the forefront), but still, back pain is absolutely brutal, every tiny bit of movement hurts sometimes.

58 minutes ago, Verge said:

Agreed! Watch the video. 

Right, but he finishes the video with Wilson and Fields are very close, Wilson is just more win-now, and that Lance is "way below these guys."

That isn't Fields-falling-to-32 as has happened in some mocks lately... Just seems crazy.

Mac Jones isn't even in that conversation of top 4 guys in that video, heh.

edit: I don't actually have issues with Lawrence being #1, or even Wilson moving ahead of Fields overall.  It is just that Fields appears to have taken a nose dive to where he won't even be top 10 anymore, which seems a bit wild, given there apparently will still be 4 QBs taken in the top 10.

Edited by mav1234

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I was finally able to snow ski again for the first time in 5+ years because of mine, was a relief and the entire time I was scared.

Had to give up a LOT to be able to deal with the pain on a daily basis...about to start surfing again as well...can't wait.

No more volleyball, wake boarding or water skiing, hell, I'm careful when I sneeze.  I know they have better facilities than me (drugs and Dr.s who may or may not have the players health in the forefront), but still, back pain is absolutely brutal, every tiny bit of movement hurts sometimes.

Lady Cowboy Fan has some pretty bad back issues.

I had some minor issues when I was young but haven't for several years.

Got a frozen shoulder though 😣

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Every fan wants sustained success. The fastest path there is a true franchise QB. If the team believes Justin Fields can be a true franchise QB, they should select him at #8, regardless of who else is on the roster. Let Rhule and Brady figure out the reps in training camp.

The Panthers had a franchise QB that a lot of fans think is a HOFer. He had three winning seasons here. That's not sustained success and there is no quick pill to take that gets a team there.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So again, whatever quarterback we'd pick at number eight is guaranteed to be great?

All of them except for Jones for the QB at 8 crowd.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So by that logic, we're not sold on DJ Moore either?

Seriously, if we were as iffy on Sam Darnold as you seem to think we are, why the hell did we trade for him at all?

(and no, he isn't a "just in case"; that whole notion is ridiculous)

They traded for him to have one hole replace another in the minds of those that think Darnold is a bust.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he was as high as #3. Watson seems clearly #1. Then we made a significant trade offer for Stafford. And it was reported that we at least reached out to Miami about #3 overall.

Watson was never a realistic option. The Texans constantly refused to trade him or take calls for him and then the legal trouble happened. Too many people here got way too caught up in a fantasy.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold allows them to take the BPA in their board. If they think that’s a QB...  

So did Teddy, Walker, and Grier. They didn't have to make the Darnold trade despite how they botched Teddy's situation.