Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft


Verge
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, thefuzz said:

Backs typically don't get much better, you just have to learn to deal with it.

If he fell to the 2nd, I would consider him, especially if we go OT at 8, however not in the 1st, just too risky.

17 game schedule with the physicality in the NFL?  Yea, that's gonna be tough.

Hate it for him, hurt it originally doing a dead lift IIRC.

Lifting weights? That blows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Backs typically don't get much better, you just have to learn to deal with it.

If he fell to the 2nd, I would consider him, especially if we go OT at 8, however not in the 1st, just too risky.

17 game schedule with the physicality in the NFL?  Yea, that's gonna be tough.

Hate it for him, hurt it originally doing a dead lift IIRC.

Back pain is a b-tch for football players, or pretty much any athlete for that matter.

That's what ended Charles Haley's career, as I recall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

We have been cooped up with no combine and are 2 days away from the draft. Of course we are going loco!

To be fair, this board was capable of totally devolving conversations long before the virus hit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Back pain is a b-tch for football players, or pretty much any athlete for that matter.

That's what ended Charles Haley's career, as I recall.

I was finally able to snow ski again for the first time in 5+ years because of mine, was a relief and the entire time I was scared.

Had to give up a LOT to be able to deal with the pain on a daily basis...about to start surfing again as well...can't wait.

No more volleyball, wake boarding or water skiing, hell, I'm careful when I sneeze.  I know they have better facilities than me (drugs and Dr.s who may or may not have the players health in the forefront), but still, back pain is absolutely brutal, every tiny bit of movement hurts sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Verge said:

Agreed! Watch the video. 

Right, but he finishes the video with Wilson and Fields are very close, Wilson is just more win-now, and that Lance is "way below these guys."

That isn't Fields-falling-to-32 as has happened in some mocks lately... Just seems crazy.

Mac Jones isn't even in that conversation of top 4 guys in that video, heh.

edit: I don't actually have issues with Lawrence being #1, or even Wilson moving ahead of Fields overall.  It is just that Fields appears to have taken a nose dive to where he won't even be top 10 anymore, which seems a bit wild, given there apparently will still be 4 QBs taken in the top 10.

Edited by mav1234
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I was finally able to snow ski again for the first time in 5+ years because of mine, was a relief and the entire time I was scared.

Had to give up a LOT to be able to deal with the pain on a daily basis...about to start surfing again as well...can't wait.

No more volleyball, wake boarding or water skiing, hell, I'm careful when I sneeze.  I know they have better facilities than me (drugs and Dr.s who may or may not have the players health in the forefront), but still, back pain is absolutely brutal, every tiny bit of movement hurts sometimes.

Lady Cowboy Fan has some pretty bad back issues.

I had some minor issues when I was young but haven't for several years.

Got a frozen shoulder though 😣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Every fan wants sustained success. The fastest path there is a true franchise QB. If the team believes Justin Fields can be a true franchise QB, they should select him at #8, regardless of who else is on the roster. Let Rhule and Brady figure out the reps in training camp.

The Panthers had a franchise QB that a lot of fans think is a HOFer. He had three winning seasons here. That's not sustained success and there is no quick pill to take that gets a team there.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So again, whatever quarterback we'd pick at number eight is guaranteed to be great?

All of them except for Jones for the QB at 8 crowd.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So by that logic, we're not sold on DJ Moore either?

Seriously, if we were as iffy on Sam Darnold as you seem to think we are, why the hell did we trade for him at all?

(and no, he isn't a "just in case"; that whole notion is ridiculous)

They traded for him to have one hole replace another in the minds of those that think Darnold is a bust.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he was as high as #3. Watson seems clearly #1. Then we made a significant trade offer for Stafford. And it was reported that we at least reached out to Miami about #3 overall.

Watson was never a realistic option. The Texans constantly refused to trade him or take calls for him and then the legal trouble happened. Too many people here got way too caught up in a fantasy.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold allows them to take the BPA in their board. If they think that’s a QB...  

So did Teddy, Walker, and Grier. They didn't have to make the Darnold trade despite how they botched Teddy's situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Right, but he finishes the video with Wilson and Fields are very close, Wilson is just more win-now, and that Lance is "way below these guys."

That isn't Fields-falling-to-32 as has happened in some mocks lately... Just seems crazy.

Mac Jones isn't even in that conversation of top 4 guys in that video, heh.

edit: I don't actually have issues with Lawrence being #1, or even Wilson moving ahead of Fields overall.  It is just that Fields appears to have taken a nose dive to where he won't even be top 10 anymore, which seems a bit wild, given there apparently will still be 4 QBs taken in the top 10.

If it indeed happens I gotta think it is heavily related to off field concerns. Because honestly on the field, he looks like a guy who would be the first QB taken in many drafts.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Verge said:

So I try not to parrot this poo, which is why I don't want to put it out on twitter. I have heard character concerns and processing time. When I put on the tape I think the processing time is just fine, balls can be a little late, but every QB has poo they need to work on. I don't have a real idea on what the character concerns are, I know it stems from Georgia and his teammates. 

What, did he steal a laptop?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it indeed happens I gotta think it is heavily related to off field concerns. Because honestly on the field, he looks like a guy who would be the first QB taken in many drafts.

but you would think if he had off the field concerns...we would know them.  I mean it is 2021.  Nothing remains secret.  Everything leaks out and becomes public. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

What, did he steal a laptop?

I mean that wasn't even the big Cam scandal.  And Cam still went #1 overall.   I mean Cam's "alleged" pay for play scandal dominated the college football news cycle the year coming into the NFL.    

Justin Fields must eat babies or something really bad. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...