• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

I wouldn't overlook Arthur Smith's interest in Pitts.  ATL is the wildcard.

TOTALLY agree DET is the likely trade down team and CIN goes Chase. 

For Miami, with Pitts gone, I see them targeting Waddle.  They need a playmaker to pair with Tua and see what he's got.  Their trade back up was to ensure a top-3 playmaker.

Even with my counter points, we are still looking at Sewell, Slater, all CBs, Smith WR, and maybe the last remaining R1 QB. 

Sewell could very well happen for us.

Edited by saX man

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Just a question for clarity.....why is Micah Parsons, who is the most talented defensive player in the draft not in the 1st round at all?  

My guy has told me that Parsons is off their board entirely. Other teams have issues with him as well. Just takes one team though. I don't actually foresee him falling out of the first round. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

My guy has told me that Parsons is off their board entirely. Other teams have issues with him as well. Just takes one team though. I don't actually foresee him falling out of the first round. 

our Gross Matos was part of one of those red flags with him.  

A random thought but I wouldn't be opposed to targeting Eichenburg in a trade-up if Fields falls to us.  Then trade down in the 3rd to gain lost picks.  Between Mayfield, Eichenburg, Cosmi, and Radunz, there is some really promising OT talent with our second pick.

3. San Francisco 49ers
Mac Jones, QB, ALA 
Nat's notes:  I have been saying this since they traded up, Mac is the guy. Internet scouts (including me) severely underrate the level at which he played QB this year. The more tape you watch on him the more it makes sense. Mac Jones is the #3 QB on multiple boards, including ours. 

I've been beating this drum for a while now, but yeah, Jones is the third best QB in this draft and a guy I thought we'd try hard for. Darnold makes this tougher, but if Jones should happen to get past San Fran and falls, I still think we pick him up.

If not, Sewell/Slater is definitely the long term best move.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

A random thought but I wouldn't be opposed to targeting Eichenburg in a trade-up if Fields falls to us.  Then trade down in the 3rd to gain lost picks.  Between Mayfield, Eichenburg, Cosmi, and Radunz, there is some really promising OT talent with our second pick.

Or we could just, you know, take the best tackle on the board when we have the chance.

• Pie 7