• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

26 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Posting just cuz my girl verge’s thread cannot fall into the second page purgatory

❤️

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think it will end up being Slater at 8

Could be. Hoping Sewell finds his way to us. 

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I don’t think Slater will be the pick. I think it’s a QB, Sewell or trade down. Deep OT class. 

I’ve been more and more receptive to this idea. In mock sims if Sewell, Chase, Fields and Pitts are gone there’s very real temptation to trade down and acquire some extra day 2 & 3 picks for a drop back. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jayflip said:

I’ve been more and more receptive to this idea. In mock sims if Sewell, Chase, Fields and Pitts are gone there’s very real temptation to trade down and acquire some extra day 2 & 3 picks for a drop back. 

that would be great if there’s a target like Fields left worth trading up for. the question is, if there’s someone worth trading up for, do we just take him?

On 4/20/2021 at 9:13 AM, MHS831 said:

People just can't see what Jones is bringing to the table because they want this athletic, running QB instead of a field general who can put the ball in the hands of the athletic, running backs, WRs, and TEs.

Gotta remember that’s the culture Cam created, most our fans came from Cam, and I suspect they never knew much about NFL football to begin with let alone the history of the Panthers. Also why a lot of them had no understanding of why Hurney 2.0 was such a bad idea lol.

44 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

that would be great if there’s a target like Fields left worth trading up for. the question is, if there’s someone worth trading up for, do we just take him?

I think people still trade up for Bama receivers. I think. 

Since nobody asked me, I have to interject here with a profound update of knowledge:

You have to look at the pockets of talent like fishing in a lake (I don't fish).  However, a CB like Horn or Farley later in the first round makes people angry. (Boo, Hiss).  However, a #1 CB and a second rounder means the Panthers would get a #1 CB, trade up for a WR (with the third rounder) and then take a LT at #39 since the draft is deep.  No, we did not get Slater, but we did make the #1 CB spot better, the #2 CB spot better, the slot WR spot better, and LT better.  Do not underestimate the value of a #1 CB in a division peopled by Thomas, Jones, and Evans.  Is an Dillon Rundz (sp--NDSU OT) as good as Slater?  No. Is he probably a substantial upgrade over Little/Scott/injured Okung?  Ummmmm. Yep. Would Toney or Rondale More get it done as the #3 or slot?  Ummmmmmm. Yup again. 

So instead of focusing on what 1 player can do vs. what we get in a trade back, you have to look at the big picture.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Since nobody asked me, I have to interject here with a profound update of knowledge:

You have to look at the pockets of talent like fishing in a lake (I don't fish).  However, a CB like Horn or Farley later in the first round makes people angry. (Boo, Hiss).  However, a #1 CB and a second rounder means the Panthers would get a #1 CB, trade up for a WR (with the third rounder) and then take a LT at #39 since the draft is deep.  No, we did not get Slater, but we did make the #1 CB spot better, the #2 CB spot better, the slot WR spot better, and LT better.  Do not underestimate the value of a #1 CB in a division peopled by Thomas, Jones, and Evans.  Is an Dillon Rundz (sp--NDSU OT) as good as Slater?  No. Is he probably a substantial upgrade over Little/Scott/injured Okung?  Ummmmm. Yep. Would Toney or Rondale More get it done as the #3 or slot?  Ummmmmmm. Yup again. 

So instead of focusing on what 1 player can do vs. what we get in a trade back, you have to look at the big picture.

Patrick Surtain II - 6'2" 208 pound boundary CB with a 4.4 40 time and excels in short space. Equally solid in coverage as he is against the run. Bloodlines from all-pro CB father. 

Jaycee Horn - 6'1" 205 pound versatile CB with a 4.37 40 time. Confident and a ballhawk....Kyle Pitts said he was the top CB he faced. Bloodlines from pro bowl WR father.

Either of these guys, though not an OT or QB, would go a long way sealing a tremendous positional weakness in a division loaded with talented pass catchers..... Pitts could be in ATL soon too.

Either of these two CBs are in a tier above what Bradberry was. I want Sewell or Pitts and would be equally happy with Slater at 8. 

However, there is a lot of depth at OT that can find a very, very good starting LT in R2. Draft can fall a number of ways and a guy like Jenkins falls. Radunz, Leatherwood, Eichenburg, and the kid from Northern Iowa would all be valuable gets at 39. 

Sidenote, I do think David Moore will turn heads for folks this year at WR. Only 26 years old, he is, IMO, a younger more athletic Jerricho Cotchery.

My ideal first three rounds:

8 - Penei Sewell

39 - Eric Stokes

73 - Wyatt Davis

• Pie 7

On 4/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, TheProcess said:

Just a question for clarity.....why is Micah Parsons, who is the most talented defensive player in the draft not in the 1st round at all?  

This guy has to be nuts to think Parsons is falling out of the top 15!!!!!!