• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I like Fields and I don't understand the momentum against him but Darnold was a higher graded prospect coming out than anybody in this draft other than Lawrence.

And they were terribly wrong which I get happens sometimes. But what is happening with fields’ grades is extremely strange. Like CRA has said fields has been 1b to Trevor Lawrence throughout his career and then something happened this process where Mac Jones and Zach wilson are grading out higher than fields? I dont buy it. I don’t wanna bring race into it but i don’t really know the explanation as to what exactly is happening with him. He can make all the throws, is a strong leader, is extremely bright with a photographic memory and is athletic as hell. He’s the full package.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

And they were terribly wrong which I get happens sometimes. But what is happening with fields’ grades is extremely strange. Like CRA has said fields has been 1b to Trevor Lawrence throughout his career and then something happened this process where Mac Jones and Zach wilson are grading out higher than fields? I dont buy it. I don’t wanna bring race into it but i don’t really know the explanation as to what exactly is happening with him. He can make all the throws, is a strong leader, is extremely bright with a photographic memory and is athletic as hell. He’s the full package.

I don't want us to draft a quarterback, but I actually agree regarding the notion that Fields is sliding.

He was 1a with Lawrence forever. Granted, he had a couple of bad performances in big games and might be a tad inconsistent, but it's also true that nobody is a finished product right now.

Hell, Lawrence had some lackluster performances too.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

trying to think if there is a first round pick we have made that I disliked more at the time than I will Horn at #8.....and I'm coming up with nothing....

I can understand that. It goes against what any one of have thought before this final week so yeah, it would definitely be a surprise. However, I'd honestly be surprised about it and not mad about. I'd have a much harder time dealing with Fields, Lance or Jones at 8 than Horn. I still wouldn't be mad about it but it would definitely be harder for me to understand. I mean, at least we NEED a number 1 corner. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Daniel Jeremiah and others inserted Darnold into this year's draft class and put him only behind Lawrence and Wilson.

He also thought Teddy Bridgewater was a top 10 prospect.  Guys with fancy titles have shitty takes just like the rest of us. 

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People are really overhyping Fields. 

Since we've brought up the topic, what is it that's primarily bringing him down?

Is it the poor performances that he had in a couple of games late last year, the perception that he might not be as pro ready as others or something else?

I've seen different opinions, but there doesn't really seem to be a consensus.

3 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

How does a 2nd + 4th + 6th + cap room ever equate to a "3rd pick". 🤦‍♀️

In a few days there will be no equivalent to anything.

The second NEXT year is equivalent to a third this year. That’s the major pick. If you want to split hair over a 4th and 6th that’s comp pick territory. What is his cap space this year? $4.7 million. Oh poo never mind then. We can’t afford to lose that kind of money over a QB.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It may be the guy we take, but yes I still see that as a dumb move.

Darnold may not pan out, but whether he does or not I still think drafting a QB high right now is just a lousy idea.

I mean, if you're looking at the position being picked relative to the timing of the pick in a team's rebuild then I guess I see where you're coming..maybe.  But if you come across the QB you want, you take him and don't talk yourself out of it because of a predetermined order of things in respect to acquiring players at certain positions. 

I actually don't think we'll pick one but you get what I'm saying right?

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I strongly believe the most overhyped person atm is Mac Jones.

I don't trust Shanahan's history in picking QBs.

If 49ers hadn't traded up, would Mac Jones even be a top 10 prospect?

Lol yes most definitely so. 

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I strongly believe the most overhyped person atm is Mac Jones.

I don't trust Shanahan's history in picking QBs.

If 49ers hadn't traded up, would Mac Jones even be a top 10 prospect?

Prospect?

No.

Would he have gone in the top 10?  (Which is what you have to ask yourself)

Yes.