• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Right, but he finishes the video with Wilson and Fields are very close, Wilson is just more win-now, and that Lance is "way below these guys."

That isn't Fields-falling-to-32 as has happened in some mocks lately... Just seems crazy.

Mac Jones isn't even in that conversation of top 4 guys in that video, heh.

edit: I don't actually have issues with Lawrence being #1, or even Wilson moving ahead of Fields overall.  It is just that Fields appears to have taken a nose dive to where he won't even be top 10 anymore, which seems a bit wild, given there apparently will still be 4 QBs taken in the top 10.

If it indeed happens I gotta think it is heavily related to off field concerns. Because honestly on the field, he looks like a guy who would be the first QB taken in many drafts.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

So I try not to parrot this poo, which is why I don't want to put it out on twitter. I have heard character concerns and processing time. When I put on the tape I think the processing time is just fine, balls can be a little late, but every QB has poo they need to work on. I don't have a real idea on what the character concerns are, I know it stems from Georgia and his teammates. 

What, did he steal a laptop?

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it indeed happens I gotta think it is heavily related to off field concerns. Because honestly on the field, he looks like a guy who would be the first QB taken in many drafts.

but you would think if he had off the field concerns...we would know them.  I mean it is 2021.  Nothing remains secret.  Everything leaks out and becomes public. 

7 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

What, did he steal a laptop?

I mean that wasn't even the big Cam scandal.  And Cam still went #1 overall.   I mean Cam's "alleged" pay for play scandal dominated the college football news cycle the year coming into the NFL.    

Justin Fields must eat babies or something really bad. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one in the NFL cares if college kids are taking money under the table though. NCAA concerns aren't their concerns.

Oh, I don't think they should of cared.  I didn't.  But Cam had a ton of noise around him.   Probably more than any player being drafted in the last 20 years. 

All I am saying, if Justin Fields had off the field issues...we would know of them at this stage.  No one it makes the rounds with the NFL teams and doesn't get leaked all over the place. 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I get it. I’ve always said that if Lance goes to a strong franchise and is given time to sit and learn he has big time potential to be a star. Like if the 49ers draft him #3 that is the perfect place for him. Sit behind jimmy G with a great team around him.

The 49ers don't want a QB to sit and learn behind Garapolo. Jimmy G isn't old. What's he going to teach exactly? Nothing. They want a QB who already has shown NFL knowledge. Whether you like it or not, Jones has demonstrated those things. He can open his receivers with his eyes and his fakes. He can anticipate receivers being open way before they are open. Everyone gets caught up on physical attributes because that is the shiny new thing. Jones represents the old school QB. That's why so many people hate on him. But if he goes to SF he has the skills, with that team, to dominate. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

The 49ers don't want a QB to sit and learn behind Garapolo. Jimmy G isn't old. What's he going to teach exactly? Nothing. They want a QB who already has shown NFL knowledge. Whether you like it or not, Jones has demonstrated those things. He can open his receivers with his eyes and his fakes. He can anticipate receivers being open way before they are open. Everyone gets caught up on physical attributes because that is the shiny new thing. Jones represents the old school QB. That's why so many people hate on him. But if he goes to SF he has the skills, with that team, to dominate. 

Sweet dude I was just commenting that the 49ers would be a good spot for Lance and his career.

Hopefully Mac doesn’t get too wasted on the weekends if they do end up drafting him.

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sweet dude I was just commenting that the 49ers would be a good spot for Lance and his career.

Hopefully Mac doesn’t get too wasted on the weekends if they do end up drafting him.

Don't call me sweet dude race baiter. I'm not a dude, but I am sweet. aubrey plaza drinking GIF by NETFLIX

Is Mac known for getting wasted? I haven't heard that story yet. 

Got a link?

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

The biggest obstacles franchises have in becoming consistent is finding a franchise qb. I’d love to have Sewell. But not over someone like fields.

The Cam Newton era Panthers say hi. Three winning seasons with a franchise QB. It takes a whole team including FO, scouts, and coaches, not just a QB.

2 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I know this..... this board is gonna explode if fields is on the board and we trade down.  

Part of me wants this to happen just to watch the meltdown.

2 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Would be pretty ballsy to draft Horn 1 and Grant 2, not sure how I'd feel about it

I want the team to finally put LT to rest as a position of need, but CB has arguably been just as big a need for longer. Gamble was the last good CB the Panthers had. Everybody else has been average to above average at best whether due to talent, coaching, or scheme.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

People are acting like we spent 3 first round picks on Darnold. It’s equals a 3rd pick.

I hate the argument that a future pick is worth less than a current one. The pick is worth the same regardless of the year it is used. Next year's second could end up being worth a lot if the team really sucks this year.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s also such a great situation for him to come to. No pressure. Just compete and grow.

I disagree. There will still be pressure. He would be a ton ten pick, which adds pressure to perform being worth the pick. There will also be the pressure to start and perform well if Darnold sucks and gets benched. Heck, there will be people calling for him to start day 1 if he is the pick. If the Panthers had a healthy Cam, Rogers, or Brady, then yeah, there wouldn't be the pressure.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The Cam Newton era Panthers say hi. Three winning seasons with a franchise QB. It takes a whole team including FO, scouts, and coaches, not just a QB.

Part of me wants this to happen just to watch the meltdown.

I want the team to finally put LT to rest as a position of need, but CB has arguably been just as big a need for longer. Gamble was the last good CB the Panthers had. Everybody else has been average to above average at best whether due to talent, coaching, or scheme.

I hate the argument that a future pick is worth less than a current one. The pick is worth the same regardless of the year it is used. Next year's second could end up being worth a lot if the team really sucks this year.

I disagree. There will still be pressure. He would be a ton ten pick, which adds pressure to perform being worth the pick. There will also be the pressure to start and perform well if Darnold sucks and gets benched. Heck, there will be people calling for him to start day 1 if he is the pick. If the Panthers had a healthy Cam, Rogers, or Brady, then yeah, there wouldn't be the pressure.

Stop quoting so many people at once. My attention span jumps all over the place (kidding)! Future picks are valued less than current. It’s the time value of money. $100 now is better than $100 next year. Hate it or not, it’s economics combined with sports talk. It’s cool, but also a little nerdy.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stop quoting so many people at once. My attention span jumps all over the place (kidding)! Future picks are valued less than current. It’s the time value of money. $100 now is better than $100 next year. Hate it or not, it’s economics combined with sports talk. It’s cool, but also a little nerdy.

lol. I'd rather mutltiquote four or five people than make that many posts in a row.

I understand what you're saying, I just disagree with it when it comes to drafts. If teams always picked at the same spot I might would feel different, but they don't.

• Pie 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

lol. I'd rather mutltiquote four or five people than make that many posts in a row.

I understand what you're saying, I just disagree with it when it comes to drafts. If teams always picked at the same spot I might would feel different, but they don't.

Well I mean when we win the Super Bowl next year our 2nd will pretty much be a third...