• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Lightning 4/19-4/20 Final Two.

Harbingers

"TAMPA - A six-game road swing for the Carolina Hurricanes begins with two critical match-ups against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (29-10-4, 62 points) at Tampa Bay Lightning (29-13-2, 60 points)

Monday, April 19, 7 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

2: Just two points separate the first-place Canes from the third-place Lightning in the Central Division.

21: After recording the primary assist on Jani Hakanpaa's game-winning goal against Nashville on Saturday night, Vincent Trocheck has recorded at least a point in 15 of his last 16 games played for a total of 21 points (8g, 13a).(Imagine if he didn't have an injury break.)

4-2-0: Entering their seventh of nine back-to-backs this season, the Canes are 4-2-0 in both the first and second halves.

The Opposition

Last five games: 3-2-0, 6 points
At home: 16-5-0, 32 points
CAR vs. TB: 3-3-0
Leading scorer: Victor Hedman, 41 points (8g, 33a) in 44 games

The Bolts are in the midst of a critical six-game homestand, and after a 1-1-0 weekend against the Panthers, the Lightning welcome the Canes to town. Tampa Bay is 2-0-0 against Carolina at home this season, having landed back-to-back wins against them in late February. The Lightning now trail the Canes by two points in the Central Division standings."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-tampa-bay-lightning/c-323793776

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-carolina-hurricanes-tampa-bay-lightning/c-323804202

"Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Fast
Martinook-Trocheck-Necas
Niederreiter-Staal-Foegele
Paquette-Lorentz-Geekie

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Gardiner-Hakanpaa

Goalies

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Scratch: Reimer

Injuries: McGinn (upper body), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve)

Taxi squad: Bean, McCormick, Ryan, Shore"

Been a while since we faced them. They do have a couple injuries out. I imagine they will play Vas both these games though. So I expect some serious play from our forwards and an extra physical game from the blue line. 

Looks like Bean is having a time-out game but don’t know how I feel about it. I think he should get the chance to prove himself better tonight. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2