• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLB The Show 21

Arroz con Panther

Anyone playing? I'm on Xbox so this will be the first time I've ever played the game; it's been way too long since I've played a baseball game. Pretty excited.

If you're playing what controls are you using? I'm torn between all of the options. This is what I'm currently rocking:

Pitching - analog

Hitting - PCI / Zone

Running - Default

Fielding - Drifting ball

Throwing - Button accuracy

I'm playing. I'm on PS5. I'm a little peeved that they made playing DD a necessity to progress your RTTS player, but supposedly they are fixing that in a upcoming patch. 

I'm a bit of a casual when it comes to The Show, so I'm currently using: 

Pitching: Meter

Hitting: Directional cuz I'm a scrub

Running: default

Fielding: whatever the default for Simulation was

Throwing: Changed it to button because I'm still a scrub. I've messed up so many double plays because of the accuracy meter

19 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I'm playing. I'm on PS5. I'm a little peeved that they made playing DD a necessity to progress your RTTS player, but supposedly they are fixing that in a upcoming patch. 

I'm a bit of a casual when it comes to The Show, so I'm currently using: 

Pitching: Meter

Hitting: Directional cuz I'm a scrub

Running: default

Fielding: whatever the default for Simulation was

Throwing: Changed it to button because I'm still a scrub. I've messed up so many double plays because of the accuracy meter

Yeah, RTTS is getting a lot of hate on Reddit. I feel the same way but can't really be mad since this is my first time playing The Show (Xbox user) and I don't know how it was in year's past.

I'm god awful at hitting and my pitching isn't much better. Come to think of it, neither is my fielding. Still tweaking a bunch of settings and playing around with all of the controls. I was playing my cousin last night and switch to analog throwing while using Pinpoint for pitching and my catcher kept throwing down to 2nd base because I was pointing forward on the stick at the wrong time. All that to say I'm definitely going to need to practice (and yes, I've definitely messed up a few DPs due to the button accuracy.)

We're getting a 10-person tournament together and I'm probably going to get crushed. If we ever need an opening, I'll post here to see if you're interested.

Playing this for the first time on Xbox.  This game is a real f’n challenge!

Started RTTS.  Play for some team called the RubberDuck.  Apparently, my bat is also made of rubber as I can’t seem to get the hang of hitting.

HITTING: Directional 

RUNNING: Default 

FIELDING: Whatever default is

THROWING: Button Accuracy

I don’t do any pitching at the moment. I’ll try that when I get the hang of hitting down.  One thing at a time!

• Pie 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, Uwontdoit81 said:

Playing this for the first time on Xbox.  This game is a real f’n challenge!

Started RTTS.  Play for some team called the RubberDuck.  Apparently, my bat is also made of rubber as I can’t seem to get the hang of hitting.

HITTING: Directional 

RUNNING: Default 

FIELDING: Whatever default is

THROWING: Button Accuracy

I don’t do any pitching at the moment. I’ll try that when I get the hang of hitting down.  One thing at a time!

Always down for an exhibition game. Chaymbah on Xbox.