• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely trading back in the first

Zod

If you trade back, and still get one of the three 1st round graded left tackles, that’s great. But it depends on how far back, and what the compensation would be. 

Sewell 

Slater

Darrisaw 

You have to get one of them to finally replace gross. Also I’m all for double dipping in the second round. Taking Humphrey, Davis, Dickerson, etc, solves the o-line, and gives Darnold a real chance of success. There will still be CBS or WRs available later in the draft. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Panthers "have had conversations with other teams about potentially trading back in the draft from pick No. 8."

As it currently stands, the market for trading back looks to be more robust than the demand for high picks. Miami is also reported to be exploring a trade back from the No. 6 pick. Both teams are likely anticipating that one of the top quarterbacks will slide, prompting a QB-needy team to move up. The Panthers have a slew of holes to fill so a trade that nets them extra bullets at starting-caliber players makes sense. Denver and New England both have talented rosters sans a quarterback. Those are the two teams rookie GM Scott Fitterer is likely to be enticing with trade offers leading up to draft night.

• Beer 1

It all depends on how far down and who's available at 8.  This type of thing is impossible to really know with team's keeping their boards close to the chest.

Unpopular opion but I like Eichenberg more than Darrisaw.  If we trade into the teens, there's going to be other positional talent of value as well.  I caution everyone that Seattle has always tended to take some picks that no one expected at the time (Brooks, Collier, even Clark was deemed a stretch for them in the 2nd).

Anticipate picks that we may feel are reaches that really aren't.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

like if sewell is there and they trade down i'm going to pull a sherman on mint street

Speculation that they could conceivably trade down to 10 with the Eagles but still get one of the top two tackles (if they fell)

I'd probably just go ahead and take one at 8 but I'm a cautious person.

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

It all depends on how far down and who's available at 8.  This type of thing is impossible to really know with team's keeping their boards close to the chest.

Unpopular opion but I like Eichenberg more than Darrisaw.  If we trade into the teens, there's going to be other positional talent of value as well.  I caution everyone that Seattle has always tended to take some picks that no one expected at the time (Brooks, Collier, even Clark was deemed a stretch for them in the 2nd).

Anticipate picks that we may feel are reaches that really aren't.

Eichenburg is a liability in the run game, don’t think he fits what we do. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Think about this nightmare scenario

JAX - Lawrence
NYJ - Wilson
SF - Fields
ATL - Pitts
CIN - Sewell
MIA - Slater
DET - Lance

I'd be looking to trade down. It's good Fitts has already made some calls.

If that is the case I run to the podium and take Chase

• Pie 5