• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updates on the Falcons

Mr. Scot

59 minutes ago, Verge said:

I would be pretty surprised if it wasn't a QB. If you don't take a QB and go 7-9 (I guess 7-10?) next year then you are stuck without a QB for the future and you are in cap hell. You take a QB because you plan on never being able to again.

The thing is though, Matt Ryan is still unquestionably a franchise QB and at 35 he could easily have another 5-7+ years left in him these days... Why give that up for an unknown? Even if they’re still somewhat bad next year that doesn’t mean the issue will be QB any time soon... 

• Pie 1

On 4/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Terrific athlete but not a great QB prospect 

His playoff performances say otherwise. People like to dog on his Alabama game but that game, in my opinion, was more impressive than the Clemson game. It looked more poor than it really was because Ohio State's defense came up with one or two stops the entire game.

Fields had to come off of his first read on many plays, and even if he had only done so once, that was one more time than Mac Jones. Anyone who would rather have Jones or Lance over Fields is a fool.

Best case scenario for Fields is to go to the Patriots where he can sit behind Cam for a year.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If they make a trade, they'll have to do it after June 1.  Before June 1, a trade would leave

23 million in dead money this year along, to go along with a cap loss this year of $200,000.  Then there will be 23 million in dead money over the next two years.

Post June, they'll get 15 million in cap space with 7 million dead, 14 million move over the next two years, and 23 million more in cap space.

I don't think they are allowed to trade him before the draft this year, and designate him as a post June 1 trade, but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Best case scenario for Fields is to go to the Patriots where he can sit behind Cam for a year.

Fields would greatly benefit by learning from Cam. All of these young guys would. But turning it around, there's not a better QB to mentor Trey Lance than Cam Newton.