• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields managing epilepsy

trueblade

3 minutes ago, Dex said:

Considering I had 2 seizures in the 8 years that I was on Keppra most would call that controlled or managed, if not a success story. My concern is an epileptic playing a contact sport at the highest level. Which is a legitimate concern.

Lmao he’s played division 1 football for years. 

and it’s not like football isn’t rife with one of the leading causes of seizures. 

Just now, Basbear said:

One of my rich ass friends had epilepsy, he was the type to rent a giant vacation home send steaks and REFUSE your money...Wallstreet millionaire, but he was also the type to cook steak and eggs after a booze driven night. Great guy. Any who, he told us and "nothing you do but enjoy the show". Even said play "shake, rattle, and roll and wait for me to stop moving"

Bro I've got some funny ass stories regarding my epilepsy.

I had a seizure for the first time in a long time back in 2018. I had just moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. I had the seizure alone in my apartment and dislocated my shoulder when I fell. The only person I could think to call was a girl I had gone on one Tinder date with a week prior. She drove 45 minutes to come get me and bring me to the hospital. They popped my shoulder back in and she took me home. She insisted on spending the night and we just fell asleep. In the morning we decided to have a little "fun" and mid coatis she grabs my shoulder and dislocates it again lmao. Had to go back to the hospital and it was the same exact emergency staff. I was high on some painkillers and told the doctor and nurses how it happened. Everyone couldn't stop laughing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4
  • The D 2

2 minutes ago, R2-D2 said:

Lmao he’s played division 1 football for years. 

and it’s not like football isn’t rife with one of the leading causes of seizures. 

I played high school football and never had one. The epilepsy returned in my 20s. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to understand how epilepsy works lol. He could be fine but he also couldn't and he's a health risk. Simple as that.

41 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s going to be just fine. Never missed a game in college and the only games in high school he missed was from a broken finger. This is a non issue. 

For his sake, I hope so but the NFL with 17 games plus Pete and post season and OTAs and training camp  is a whole different level and his chances of a collision much greater and more cumulative hits as well

really like him    Hope it is nothing 

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

I had a seizure for the first time in a long time back in 2018. I had just moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. I had the seizure alone in my apartment and dislocated my shoulder when I fell. The only person I could think to call was a girl I had gone on one Tinder date with a week prior. She drove 45 minutes to come get me and bring me to the hospital. They popped my shoulder back in and she took me home. She insisted on spending the night and we just fell asleep. In the morning we decided to have a little "fun" and mid coatis she grabs my shoulder and dislocates it again lmao. Had to go back to the hospital and it was the same exact emergency staff. I was high on some painkillers and told the doctor and nurses how it happened. Everyone couldn't stop laughing.

lol, this reminded me of my ex popping her wisdom teeth stitches......

• The D 2

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

For his sake, I hope so but the NFL with 17 games plus Pete and post season and OTAs and training camp  is a whole different level and his chances of a collision much greater and more cumulative hits as well

really like him    Hope it is nothing 

Fortunately we have people who study these things

"Contact sports including football, hockey, and soccer have not been shown to induce seizures, and epileptics should not be precluded from participation"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14728909/#:~:text=Contact sports including football%2C hockey,and direct supervision is present.

4 hours ago, Dex said:

I'm 30. Had childhood epilepsy that went away around 8 years old. Returned when I was 20 and hasn't left. Fortunately I've only had about a dozen or so seizures in my entire life. Unfortunately, the majority of them happened when I was at the gym or playing sports.

I'm not a doctor and I have no idea what kind of epilepsy he has. But I can tell you that this is most definitely a red flag and a cause for concern.

I started having them around the age of 28.  Just collapsed one day at work and turned out to be mild seizures.  They went away after a couple of years, although I did have to go back to school to get a desk job.  They came back a year ago and are worse after 30 years of nothing.   I'm lucky to still be working but cannot drive at the moment.  If they continue I may not be able to work much longer.  I was lucky.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Dex said:

Hope you married her -- sounds like a keeper!

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I started having them around the age of 28.  Just collapsed one day at work and turned out to be mild seizures.  They went away after a couple of years, although I did have to go back to school to get a desk job.  They came back a year ago and are worse after 30 years of nothing.   I'm lucky to still be working but cannot drive at the moment.  If they continue I may not be able to work much longer.  I was lucky.  

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear that. I've noticed living a healthy lifestyle helps to decrease my issues. Also monitoring and reducing your stress levels. Stay strong.

• Pie 2