• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields managing epilepsy

trueblade

1 minute ago, Dex said:

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear that. I've noticed living a healthy lifestyle helps to decrease my issues. Also monitoring and reducing your stress levels. Stay strong.

I think having covid-19 a few months before it started back may have something to do with the severity of it to be honest, but could be just a coincidence.  The worst thing is the side effects from all the meds they have me taking, which so far isn't working.  Appreciate the well wishes.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I think having covid-19 a few months before it started back may have something to do with the severity of it to be honest, but could be just a coincidence.  The worst thing is the side effects from all the meds they have me taking, which so far isn't working.  Appreciate the well wishes.

I feel you on the side effects... If you ever need to chat shoot me a DM.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Dex said:

Fortunately I've only had about a dozen or so seizures in my entire life. Unfortunately, the majority of them happened when I was at the gym or playing sports.

I'm not a doctor and I have no idea what kind of epilepsy he has. But I can tell you that this is most definitely a red flag and a cause for concern.

Real life feedback...

...will be interesting to see how the NFL labor market reacts.

17 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

As much as it sounds nice to say this will not impact Fields' draft stock, it has to play a factor. I hope he drops to 8 and some team gives us a haul to move up to take him. 

Depends, if he has one on the field in the middle of a play he will be defenseless to protect himself.  Could even be hurt worse.  It's a tough call.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, Dex said:

I played high school football and never had one. The epilepsy returned in my 20s. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to understand how epilepsy works lol. He could be fine but he also couldn't and he's a health risk. Simple as that.

It's also a pain to catch, runs in my family and I've had three but can't get it diagnosed even with my mom having lost her nursing license because she had them. Took the doctors 7 years to catch it and confirm the diagnosis.  She luckily had one in the hospital during testing. Had to have brain surgery to fix them. 

Know some players who had a good career with epilepsy but depends on what's causing them and if Fields hasn't had extensive testing,  might end badly. 

• Beer 1