• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Passing on a star for more draft capital

unicar15

4 hours ago, stirs said:

The number 1 receiver in the draft will not fall to 8, if he does, you take him.

Im not sure I follow you with this.  Didn’t we take the number 1 WR in the 2018 draft at pick 24?  Now if you just meant Chase won’t fall to 8 I hear you, but it’s not uncommon for their to not be a WR taken in the first 7 spots.

16 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

Im not sure I follow you with this.  Didn’t we take the number 1 WR in the 2018 draft at pick 24?  Now if you just meant Chase won’t fall to 8 I hear you, but it’s not uncommon for their to not be a WR taken in the first 7 spots.

The number 1 receiver in the draft is Chase

• Beer 1

Fitts did not impress me as an option because I actually like Arnold and I think we are going to like the kid from LSU via Seattle Sullivan.  Then there is Thomas. who as a #2, is OK.  HOWEVER, he can play slot WR, out wide, wing, tight, etc.  Move him around and he is hard to stop.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure Darnold is anything more than our "QB decision for right now". We haven't even officially picked up his fifth year option yet. 

Yep if a high valued QB became randomly available you know we would be all in on him. If Watson’s legal issues were proven to be illegitimate (don’t see this happening) and he was cleared we would be right back on board trying to get him. A future 2nd is a small sunk cost to upgrade your QB.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

This seems like a good thread to drop this tweet in. 

This is exactly right. 

If you have a chance to draft Chase outside the top 5 and you choose to trade down you better be a magician in the 2-3 rounds and your coach better know how to coach. Or else you’re gonna look really foolish.