• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on Panthers plans for #8 pick

TheSpecialJuan

If true I'm glad they aren't buying the Lance hype. I'd love him later but early 1st? Heck no

I have no issues with a cb in a trade down scenario depending on what LTs are there. Or turning 8 into a top CB and a second level tackle would be productive IMO

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

I have warmed up to trading down, i have been doing a bunch mock drafts and the most fun i have had is drafting around 2,3,4. Its gonna be a lot of talent to choose from and guys that can play right away. As long as they take a LT somewhere in the 2nd im good with it.

My best scenario is hoping Sewell drops to us though.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 3

Person doesn't know our draft plans. FFS. Drafting a CB in the 1st round would be a body blow to this franchise. What a waste. Our 1st pick should involve improving our passing attack. When the 4th quarter rolls around and it's time to air it out you need pass protection and weapons. CB in the 1st is a luxury pick for teams that are loaded on offense.

• Pie 2

One thing is certain, its Surtain/Horn and then there is a gap between them and the CBs available in the later rounds. Plus, Jackson and AJ are our clear top guys right now. Jackson has a nagging foot injury that can hit any time and AJ wont even be available the first couple games. We are thin after that. Im just glad they are prioritizing CB over WR.