• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Panthers 4/22-4/24 Final Two

Harbingers

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Without Jordy it kinda pushes the need for Turbo..... 

Two different players for sure, but yeah it would be nice to see Turbo back.  A little concerned about bringing TT back against Florida though....their last shot at us in the regular season and I am sure they will want to send us a lasting message.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Two different players for sure, but yeah it would be nice to see Turbo back.  A little concerned about bringing TT back against Florida though....their last shot at us in the regular season and I am sure they will want to send us a lasting message.

Yeah, I'm not putting any of the injured guys back out there against FLA. If anything, I'd give some of the top guys a maintenance game and let the cabbies come up and take the dirty hits the refs aren't gonna call. 

The best chance FLA has at the division now is to injure our guys. Why give them the chance? 

And why not flip a giant bird to the NHL by benching stars in a premier playoff race matchup late in the season.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Yeah, I'm not putting any of the injured guys back out there against FLA. If anything, I'd give some of the top guys a maintenance game and let the cabbies come up and take the dirty hits the refs aren't gonna call. 

The best chance FLA has at the division now is to injure our guys. Why give them the chance? 

And why not flip a giant bird to the NHL by benching stars in a premier playoff race matchup late in the season.

The only issue is we’d only be able to rest one forward. That’s literally all we have left on our taxi squad(minus bean who is in timeout in Raleigh?) and if we recalled some players from the AHL I assume the news would have dropped last night. But ya I agree no way in hell I'm putting TT in against Florida, if he is ready to play start him off against Dallas. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Completely different players, but with 3 wingers down.

• Pie 2

'FORT LAUDERDALE - The Carolina Hurricanes face off again with the Florida Panthers with the chance to clinch a berth in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs on the line.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (31-10-5, 67 points) at Florida Panthers (30-13-5, 65 points)

Saturday, April 24, 7 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

2: The Canes magic number to clinch a third consecutive berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs is two.

1: Nedeljkovic ranks first in the league in goals-against average (1.87) and save percentage (.933) among goaltenders who have played at least 10 games."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-florida-panthers/c-323952568

No projected lineup so far and i doubt we'll see one with the injuries/bang-ups. Rod say there are a few game time decisions besides what we already know.

• Beer 2