• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Deep OT class” may not be as deep at LT in scouts eyes

ncfan

Honestly, that's fine with me. Seems like a lot of the best OTs over the past couple of decades are the guys who scouts are trying to pigeonhole as RTs only or even kicking them inside to OG. Scouts are to LTs what the Huddle is to #1 WRs. If the guy isn't a slam dunk HOFer he just doesn't belong. The problem for the scouts is that a lot of those guys have been busting over the past 20 years.

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

Darrisaw a LT? lol 

The depth in this class is pretty great. I just doubt you are going to want to start one right away at LT for a playoff contending team. 

So verge do you agree if Slater/Sewell aren’t there that Surtain is the pick like has been reported today?  Assuming chase and Pitts are gone of course.  Or do we have Surtain above Slater on our board?

1 minute ago, Ryano1974 said:

So verge do you agree if Slater/Sewell aren’t there that Surtain is the pick like has been reported today?  Assuming chase and Pitts are gone of course.  Or do we have Surtain above Slater on our board?

I'd assume Waddle over Surtain.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

I know right.  I feel like last year's draft was pretty predictable.  It was pretty much pre-ordained that we were going to take Brown or Simmons.  This year, who the hell knows.  We might end up with a QB!

We were never taking Simmons last year.

• Pie 2

Left tackles are a rare evasive beast. Many will end up either a guard or restricted to the right side.  

In my opinion the breakdown of tackles goes like this. 

Sewell - Oregon has been putting out some quality lineman recently.  Sewell is the best yet. Certain Left 

Darrisaw -  Has the quickness to pass protect.  Moves well but needs to improve pulling and runblocking.  Possible Left 

Liam Eichenberg - technique, quickness, and projects well to the left.  Certain Left

Samuel Cosmi - Has the agilty and mirrors well.  Underrated guy that can stick at left.  

Then you got the maulers who are a bit bigger, some exceptionally so. 

Teven, Mayfield, and Lucas are nasty physical blockers that are either raw or lack the explosive quickness to stick on the left.  Spencer Brown and Drew Himmelman are giants even compared to other large men but leverage can work against them.