• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting quote on Sam Darnold from the Athletic article grading all QB’s in this draft class

WarPanthers89

40 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Sounds like it’s you deeming yourself all knowing by simply stating if they don’t do what you want them to do in the draft then they are incompetent at team building, and which again I find odd when Huddlers or any fanbase fancies themselves more qualified than career coaches and scouts.

Maybe he won’t work out. Same can be said for Mac Jones and Trey Lance. One cost us a 2nd. One would have cost us a 1st and possibly more. That already shows an acumen for team building in itself.

I just stated the facts as I see them. We in fact don't even know if the people running the team are all that much of experts, hell Hurney made it 14 years here beginning with the skillset of a bad journalist and then professional sycophant and was never a successful expert (3 winning seasons). I sure hope they are great but they just have not proven it yet. I have no idea why that is such a negative thing for you but ignoring reality and just focusing on what you hope it is kind of goes closer to you being delusional than me trying to be an expert. 

Read my first sentence and actually try and comprehend. Not one thing I stated was untrue or overblown or even implying negative attachments to the discussion. If we want to run a great team then do great work. Just going into this season with our hopes tied to one maybe when they could set themselves up for double the chance to succeed would be a huge positive for this team vs what we did last year that imploded and is still costing us a huge cap hit.

34 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The GM did say he liked to take developmental QBs in the mid rounds. If they draft a QB this year, that is probably where it'll happen.

They have said a lot of things, I'm ready to see them show up. 

• Pie 1

Another wasted season where the forum goes ass over backwards to justify poor moves.

There's going to be a lot of linking back to this thread, just like last year, when we're 10 games deep, out of the playoffs, and our shiny new QB looks like garbage, AGAIN.

And the people with the largest delusions will be 'taking a break from football' or abandoned their alts AGAIN.

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

Another wasted season where the forum goes ass over backwards to justify poor moves.

There's going to be a lot of linking back to this thread, just like last year, when we're 10 games deep, out of the playoffs, and our shiny new QB looks like garbage, AGAIN.

And the people with the largest delusions will be 'taking a break from football' or abandoned their alts AGAIN.

o'irony

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I just stated the facts as I see them. We in fact don't even know if the people running the team are all that much of experts, hell Hurney made it 14 years here beginning with the skillset of a bad journalist and then professional sycophant and was never a successful expert (3 winning seasons). I sure hope they are great but they just have not proven it yet. I have no idea why that is such a negative thing for you but ignoring reality and just focusing on what you hope it is kind of goes closer to you being delusional than me trying to be an expert. 

Read my first sentence and actually try and comprehend. Not one thing I stated was untrue or overblown or even implying negative attachments to the discussion. If we want to run a great team then do great work. Just going into this season with our hopes tied to one maybe when they could set themselves up for double the chance to succeed would be a huge positive for this team vs what we did last year that imploded and is still costing us a huge cap hit.

Other than trading years of drafts away for someone like Watson how would drafting any QB high be doing anything other than hope? Really really wanting a good QB doesn't make any prospect better. Year after year people play this game where only top 5 picks can be good and year after year we see how wrong that's is. Why do we never learn? Is it amnesia?

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

Aren't you just a troll alt?  I can never sort out all these mindless  troll accounts.

Edited by Moo Daeng

Everyone in here just circle jerking, meanwhile the reality is Darnold was the front office's OPTION D. Usually a teams first option at QB is risky, or doesn't work out, this is the front office's last attempt at ANYONE BUT TEDDY, and you guys are sitting here acting like this was some type of well thought out plan.

Stupid, absolutely stupid mother fugers on this forum. 

Y'all must be reading the secret non-stop to believe such dumbshit.

• Poo 3

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

Winston wasn't even in the realm of bad Darnold was. TB actually set Wisnton up with almost everything he needed to be successful and he did have some really good years because of it. Its why Tom Brady wanted to play for TB. He's actually in a 100% better situation with us and we dont have half the talent TB does.

Winston was successful except for the turnovers. He put up big time numbers he just turned the ball over too much. Meanwhile, Darnold's TD:INT ratio (1.15:1) is still significantly worse than Winston's (1.38:1).

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Other than trading years of drafts away for someone like Watson how would drafting any QB high be doing anything other than hope? Really really wanting a good QB doesn't make any prospect better. Year after year people play this game where only top 5 picks can be good and year after year we see how wrong that's is. Why do we never learn? Is it amnesia?

Lol we just traded for a top five pick that has already bombed in the NFL. We need to keep getting QBs until we have a good one, actually and not perceived. Lots of good talent at the top and some longershots later. Either way we need to keep swinging. It's the 'we done good crowd' that would be a bad sign to see the staff jumping on. We did that last year and that sucked. I just would like to see the team do better and not make the same mistake on a different swing. 

Edit: There is only 1 prospect I don't want and that's Jones. Completely personal preference. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m doing. You threw an absolute tantrum and had a meltdown the second we traded five Darnold but I’m holding onto delusional hops for saying they Jets were a bad situation and even if he fails, that’s better than giving up tons of draft capital for an unproven rookie. 

What are Fitterers credentials in this league btw? He’s pretty unproven and unsuccessful during his time in this league, right? Granted I guess he hasn’t had enough time to prove himself as a panther in the one (unfinished) first offseason that he’s had there. Good call. Keep stating all the facts. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

BTW, I really HOPE that Darnold will be the answer but I really THINK that it's highly unlikely he will be.

And that’s fair. What isn’t fair is calling our owner, GM and head coach a moron for trading a second for him when many of those same complainers at one point wanted us to trade multiple firsts just to get Lance. That is actually insane. That’s where many of us (myself included) have gotten tired of the Darnold bashing. It isn’t so much about Darnold as it is the fact he hasn’t taken a snap yet and people are throwing the entire franchise to to bottom as hopeless morons for making the deal. 

• Pie 2