• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robert Kraft opens Containerboard mill few miles from the Panthers new state of the art headquarters

Ja  Rhule

If you drove by Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Waxhaw, Indian Land, Ballantyne or Weddington in the last month or so any smell raw sewage/rotten eggs that’s because Robert Kraft purchased New Indy paper mill and converted it to containerboard manufacturer.  People in the area are reporting respiratory/medical issues due to chemicals being dumped into the air.

It’s right down the river from the Panthers new facility that is being built.  EPA is investigating New Indy and let’s hope it will be resolved or else be prepared to wear gas masks to Panthers new state of the art facility.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article250915819.html

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

That place has smelled up that area for a long time. 

I hope it gets fixed.

I drove thru there 3 weeks ago and I have never smelled anything more disgusting.  It’s like someone puts your face into a bucket of poo and you can taste the air.  Kraft opened that facility in one of the fastest growing areas in Charlotte metro and only like 2-3 miles from the Panthers future facility.  That’s a huge dick move.

Edited by Ja Rhule
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

I drove thru there 3 weeks ago and I have never smelled anything more disgusting.  It’s like someone puts your face into a bucket of poo and you can taste the air.  Kraft opened that facility in one of the fastest growing areas in Charlotte metro and only like 2-3 miles from the Panthers future facility.  That’s a huge dick move.

I don’t disagree that it smells terrible, but that paper mill has been around for decades so that smell is nothing new. If you haven’t smelled it in the past 10 months that’s because they were converting 1 of their machines to brown container board.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MilkyCastles said:

I don’t disagree that it smells terrible, but that paper mill has been around for decades so that smell is nothing new. If you haven’t smelled it in the past 10 months that’s because they were converting 1 of their machines to brown container board.

That paper mill was purchased by Kraft and converted to containerboard production only few months ago.  That smell is new and is literally said so on all news websites including in the one posted above.